Buses should be banned from the city centre.

Bring back the little nipper.

I have to agree with Megolithic

Some of the buses pump out some right garbage , like old lorries. But what about the electric buses . They are better for the environment

I don't mind the electric buses at all, and if we have to have them they are the way forward. It doesn't cure the safety problem though, crossing busy streets, which is a large part of my point.

Three examples of taking your life in your hands.

Crossing the road at Haymarket.

Crossing outside Argos.

Crossing at the top of the Moor.

All unacceptable situations in my book.

I don't mind the electric buses at all, and if we have to have them they are the way forward. It doesn't cure the safety problem though, crossing busy streets, which is a large part of my point.

Three examples of taking your life in your hands.

Crossing the road at Haymarket.

Crossing outside Argos.

Crossing at the top of the Moor.

All unacceptable situations in my book.

Dont get into the city centre often,so apologies if im wrong,but isnt there pelican crossings at all three places.

Dont get into the city centre often,so apologies if im wrong,but isnt there pelican crossings at all three places.

I think you're right, but all three are still dangerous places to cross.

I let my older children go to Meadowhall with their friends but i wouldn't allow them into town, it's not worth the risk if you know the attention span of a group of young lads in unsafe places.

Why do you bother going into the city centre if Meadowhell is so glorious!! Tell you what, you stick to that horrible place and i'll go where i prefer! Everybody can make their own choice where to shop!!

Why do you bother going into the city centre if Meadowhell is so glorious!! Tell you what, you stick to that horrible place and i'll go where i prefer! Everybody can make their own choice where to shop!!

I was performing just outside the city centre so i had little choice on this occasion.

Oh and can i ask you Megalithic, do you own a car? And also, do you smoke?

yeah & a 30 or 40 min journey becomes a 90 min journey .... like I say , what about disabled ppl ? .... folk with prams .... old ppl .... visitors even .... have em chasing allover catching buses trms & stuff when they aint got a clue exactly where they're goin anyway ..... good point you don't make lol

People with prams and disabled?

Well they're getting around the centre ok, what is the problem with a couple of minute walk on top?

If buses were excluded from town, they're schedules could be better on time and quicker, as there would be less congestion.

However, the idea is flawed in the sense of having to get people with shopping to the 'new' bus stops, which would be a distance with heavy shopping etc.

People with prams and disabled?

Well they're getting around the centre ok, what is the problem with a couple of minute walk on top?

If buses were excluded from town, they're schedules could be better on time and quicker, as there would be less congestion.

However, the idea is flawed in the sense of having to get people with shopping to the 'new' bus stops, which would be a distance with heavy shopping etc.

I wouldn't say it's flawed as such, but yeah it's no back of a fag packet job for sure. how about the freebee buses circling the centre to get people to appropriate stops, if they were electric powered versions.

Buses shouldnt just be banned from the city center, they should be banned from the road totally.

Good idea and while your banning the bus in Sheffield, lets ban all these 4x4 vehicles off the road also.

Good idea and while your banning the bus in Sheffield, lets ban all these 4x4 vehicles off the road also.

Why, the emergency services use them in winter, and mountain rescue all year round. :huh: