Bus Drivers Attitude

Why do the Bus Drivers in Sheffield Drive with there Timetables in Front of them,an do not seem to work to the Timetables,because theres nobody watching them loads drive as they are not bothered about working to the correct times,an when they stop at bus stops with nobody wanting to catch the bus,they just sit there an annoy the passengers

Another idiot, ranting about why drivers do certain things and have no idea why they do it. Maybe you should ask them instead of bitching about it online.

They have a saying, you can have loads of reasons for being late but not one for being early. This possibly explains why they are sometimes just sitting at a stop for a few minutes.

I've got a moan that no-one has ever managed to explain to me, on a major bus route with more than one number buses going past it doesn't matter whether I'm stood waiting for a bus towards town or away from town, all the buses seem to be going in the other direction from the one I want to go in.

It's called having time to wait. If we are early, then we wait at specified time points.

It's called having time to wait. If we are early, then we wait at specified time points.

So can you answer me this, why do some drivers stop for these when they're already massively late?

Like one that I caught recently. 15 minutes LATE already, he decided to pull up and waste 4 mins more.

I get it if you're running a bit early but when you're late??

As a recently sacked bus driver (I was upstairs collecting the fares on a one man bus when it crashed ! :hihi:) I agree with resident.

Why do the Bus Drivers in Sheffield Drive with there Timetables in Front of them,an do not seem to work to the Timetables,because theres nobody watching them loads drive as they are not bothered about working to the correct times,an when they stop at bus stops with nobody wanting to catch the bus,they just sit there an annoy the passengers

Why is it that people think its the bus driver that's always at fault, its the traffic that dictate his route time, what's he do if there's a traffic jam? press a button and jet up and fly over the problem.As for waiting at the bus stop he may be due a few minutes rest. Just think things out and see the whole picture, your bus is not the only bit of traffic on our congested roads.

they need to bring back "Blakey" he always kept the drivers in line.

Another idiot, ranting about why drivers do certain things and have no idea why they do it. Maybe you should ask them instead of bitching about it online.

hold on there totaly right the bus i catch always sstops at newfield green one day the driver stopped 15 mins making people late for work is that acceptable mr clever cloggs?

they need to bring back "Blakey" he always kept the drivers in line.
Why employ an inspector with a clip board and radio when he can only see a few hundred yards either side of where he or she is. Remember that most buses are CONSTANTLY monitored by satellite tracking, ticket machines that record every transaction and CCTV which in some cases is very very good. Edited by bus man

So can you answer me this, why do some drivers stop for these when they're already massively late?

Like one that I caught recently. 15 minutes LATE already, he decided to pull up and waste 4 mins more.

I get it if you're running a bit early but when you're late??

How do you know the driver was 15 minutes late?

How do you know the driver was 15 minutes late?

There are these things at bus stops. They have a list of buses and departure times printed on them.

The bus I mentioned was due at 27 minutes past, it arrived at 44 minutes past. As this service is only 1 per hour I think it's fair to say it wasn't 43 minutes early.