32 police injured in orange order rioting

I suppose it all boils down to whether or not you support the viewpoint that people should be allowed to march

They were allowed to march - just not through the Catholic estates. Why does celebrating a victory of a Dutch king 320 years ago now translate that they have to march through a Catholic estate?

Go to the Boyne and morn, or party, or whatever they want to do. Wear Orange hats and eat oranges until their pee comes out looking like Tropicana - but they're divs for pushing the marching season. Monumental divs.

You could put the lot of them in the EU and make them all miserable.

A simple vote won't solve any issues - but given that nobody in Northern Ireland appears to be willing to do anything to effect a resolution, perhaps taking away the reason (which would, I've no doubt make many feel 'disenfranchised') might be the only way to go.

Let Northern Ireland be a (probably insignificant) state in the EU and let them get on with it.

Why should policemen be injured?

Why should 'innocent' (or not so innocent) bystanders be injured?

If the people of Northern Ireland can't learn to live with their history, why should anybody else have to pay for their inability?

The same police will get injured. It's not like they'll all jump on a boat and come over here and leave their communities behind. It happens every year (although I believe routes do change). It will always happen I think.

If the march had gone ahead a mob of nationalists would know doubt be doing what a mob of loyalists have been doing for the last few nights. It seems some people in Northern Ireland like an excuse to engage in a bit of recreational hooliganism.

Sadly Mr T the same applies to just about any city :(

I thought you might have expressed yourself with one of your Youtube clips :hihi:

Sadly Mr T the same applies to just about any city

If you think the issues in Belfast are replicated everywhere else to the same extent then you're just showing your ignorance. Only Old Firm matches get near it and there won't be many of them for a couple of years at least.

How they must be looking forward to Celtic's visit on Wednesday evening.

How they must be looking forward to Celtic's visit on Wednesday evening.

It's Rangers who are coming and it's next week.

It's Rangers who are coming and it's next week.

Cliftonville on wednesday night

Sadly Mr T the same applies to just about any city :(

I thought you might have expressed yourself with one of your Youtube clips :hihi:

You'll have to find it Frank.

I love the way several of our not so well informed friends talk about 'their' (the Irish) history and 'abandoning Ireland', as if the problems have nothing to do with the UK.

These people seem to have failed to notice that the majority of Ireland - the bit which wasn't colonised by British 'settlers' - doesn't have any of these troubles. This is because it is British history which is at the root of the problems. The reason those people throwing the bricks call themselve 'British citizens' is because the island of Britain is where their ancestors invaded from in Tudor times. They are British citizens. And I'm quite sure that if there were a referendum in the Republic now, most people would have already realised that Britain should be quite welcome to keep its 'Loyal' subjects, and continue paying the bill for the consequences of the quaint little supremacist customs which many of them are so keen to keep alive. Its just a shame for those unfortunate citizens of Northern Ireland who consider themselves Irish.

Who writes history text books in this country anyway? The Daily Mail group? The standard of historical education here in the UK is truly appalling.

Edited by donkey

Well said donkey. As an Anglo-Irishman who has lived & attended school in both the Republic & England I agree with every word.

It always amuses me that the only people who regard themselves as British, as opposed to English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh are the ones who were not actually born in Britain :).

They do so of course because they see an advantage to them in the situation.

How they justify attacking & causing injury to police officers who represent the Crown they claim to love is of course a bit of a puzzle.

How they justify attacking & causing injury to police officers who represent the Crown they claim to love is of course a bit of a puzzle.

same as the EDL, "pretend" to be defenders of the british way of life and first thing they do is fight with the police, break british laws and cause upheavel in every community they go lol

its baffeling