UPDATED Carboot Mega Thread 2013. Please Read First Post

Went to Hillsborough carboot this morning and was charged £10 to sell with a car.

The wedbsite clearly states that cars are £7 and vans are £10. I have been attending these carboots as a buyer and seller for three or four years and have never been charged this amount to sell. I always park up in the same place. This particular volunteer obviously got out of the wrong side of bed but due to her incompetence they have lost a valuable customer. I shall be going elsewhere from now on.

I would advise you to avoid Hillsborough carboot, they rip you off.

I’m sorry you felt you had been treat badly on our last car boot but just to make it clear, whilst our advertising does say Cars are £7 & Vans are £10 we do charge extra to anyone wanting to expand their pitch by going side on. This extra money can only ever be collected after you pitch up as we can never guarantee a side on pitch and the steward you speak off was only trying to be fair to everyone. At the time you pitched up the site was really busy and at least 5 others had asked if they could be allocated side on and charged the additional amount.

I can only presume that this was your 1st car boot with us this season because you are the only person that has challenged the new set up approach which we agreed with Sheffield City Council before our season started.

---------- Post added 21-08-2013 at 13:56 ----------

The next Car boot at Hillsborough Arena

Sunday 25th August

£7 Car

£10 Van

At present there is no need to book as we have 2 carboots on adjoining fields 100 spaces on each available

We aim to allow sellers on site around 7.15am as soon as all our staff and volunteers are in place.

Please note when letting sellers in we will try and let the people waiting in the top car par park first but our priority is always going to be to keep the main road clear.

http://www.hillsborougharena.co.uk

Car boot sale @ bagshawe arms norton.this Sunday 25th, 8 am start for cars to set up , £6 a car all fees going to Alzheimer's society, pub will open for sarnis, drinks and use of toilets,for more info tel 01143484000

Edited by paul24

next Carboot sale at Tesco Infirmary Road

8th September

cars £6.50

vans £8.00

details 01143586807

remember pitch is hardstanding

event finished

Edited by johnsbucket

Anyone know what car boots are on bank holiday Monday? Thanks

http://www.thewhitworthcentre.co.uk/

They have a lovely car boot this Saturday. Free entry for cars and people, just contact the above.

There's plenty to do for children too .. A massive playing field .. Two playgrounds, a lovely lake, and a small fishing pond .. Fish nets and buckets only, and of course, put the fish back. Steam train through to matlock and rowsley and superb tea rooms.

Makes a nice day out if its sunny.

any Sunday market on 25th august plz let me know thank you

Sheffield Transport Sports Club - Car Boot

Bank Holiday Monday 26th, Buyers from 0700-1230 and onsite parking £1. No entrance fee charge.

Sellers Cars £8, Vans and trailers cost more. You can prepay at the sports club or purchase on the day.

Anyone know if the Hillsborough Arena one going to be on tomorrow after last nights heavy rain?

Has anyone been to Oldcotes on a Thursday. Was it any good?

Cheers

Any car boot sales on Sunday 25th August and bank holiday Monday please x

I'm presuming that Hillsborough Arena will be on (next to Hillsborough Park), they usually have 100 stalls, really good although I don't know for definite whether its actually on bearing in mind the heavy rain last night... you could always ring to avoid disappointment... I'm just going to go anyway, I'm up now and the walk is good for me!! :hihi: