UPDATED Carboot Mega Thread 2013. Please Read First Post

hi, can anyone help?

i've cleared the loft out, and have quite a bit of stuff from my children to sell, possibly at a car boot sale, but i dont know where to find a local one that's open at this time of year..

any help, would be nice

cheers

Doncaster, Keepmoat- Sunday mornings - starts around 5-6am, Keepmoat Stadium http://www.keepmoatstadium.co.uk/ (Hard standing)

Chesterfield Town Centre -Sunday mornings - Chesterfield Football Club Car Park (Hard standing) http://www.chesterfield.gov.uk/defau...D=446&CID=4623

Edited by therascal

do these carboots run throughout the winter? Also, do you have to book in advance?

thanks

Doncaster, Keepmoat- Sunday mornings - starts around 5-6am, Keepmoat Stadium http://www.keepmoatstadium.co.uk/ (Hard standing)

Chesterfield Town Centre -Sunday mornings - Chesterfield Football Club Car Park (Hard standing) http://www.chesterfield.gov.uk/defau...D=446&CID=4623

ok thanks.. i'm sheffield based, was hoping for one a bit closer, but i'll just have to hang on

Edited by modge75
spelling mistake

Unfortunately, there are no regular car boot sales in the Sheffield area. Chesterfield is not far, and it is very good

Unfortunately, there are no regular car boot sales in the Sheffield area. Chesterfield is not far, and it is very good

Where abouts is the Chesterfield one now as I was told it had moved from the traffic island now!

The link above isn't working now :(

Cheers Biggsy :)

---------- Post added 09-01-2014 at 14:41 ----------

I was wondering about when Marsh lane starts too, THIS LINK says it's open all year round, It doesn't as far as I know :roll:

Biggsy :)

Marsh Lane is NOT open all year round as they are in a field and cars get stuck in the mud. They will probably start again around end of March/April.

The Chesterfield car boot is held in the football ground car park

do these carboots run throughout the winter? Also, do you have to book in advance?

thanks

Yes they run all through the winter and no you don't have to book. Decent shoes with a good grip at Donny as it can get like a skating rink at times. Hemswell and Oldcoates are also open all year round.

Marsh Lane is NOT open all year round as they are in a field and cars get stuck in the mud. They will probably start again around end of March/April.

The Chesterfield car boot is held in the football ground car park

Cheers Bianco :thumbsup:

Biggsy :)

does any one know of any coming up in the future...preferably table top sales

many thanks

Dawn

Warning after many arguments re the lowedges festival being fully booked

and turning away many car booters who wished to have a stall,we give notice that pitchs are now on sale for sunday august 10th 2014 and as we are only allowed 150 pitchs total including food,retail,crafts and car boot its first come basis only,you are allicated a 4x4 metre area plus a car parking space at the back of the area,so you can share the pitch if you wish.

Footfall 2013 12 thousand,times set up before 11am,trade 12noon to 5pm

and theres so many attractions this helps the footfall flow,so book now or miss out thank you

We are thinking of setting up a regular Sat or Sun Car Boot in the Antiques Quarter - on Abbeydale Road in Sheffield probably in the same location as our vintage Markets.. Does anyone have any views on this. Would this be a welcome addition to the area?

many thanks for any feedback you can offer on this...

SAQ