UPDATED Carboot Mega Thread 2013. Please Read First Post

great idea , but please could you do it as a sociable time ( not the crack of dawn) also that way more people may visit your establishments to make it more of a day out say on a sunday ie car boot about 11 or 12am , coffee at steel city cakes , a visit to the antiques shop then finish off with a pint in the broadfield ?

I think that would be a good idea, I would definitely go.

Hi, is there any carboots that need someone to to catering? I have a catering trailer! If so please message me.

Thanks kirsty

Sunday car boots are well catered for.What we need is a good regular Saturday car boot in the Sheffield area,preferably starting about 11 am.It doesn't want to be like that crappy thing they have at the Heeley festival either,something like the one at Meadowhead transport Club would be ideal.

the heeley festival has been a top event and has a footfall of 10 thousand people plus,the car boot is only run as part of the event,and always has to refuse carbooters as its always over subscribed,so I don't think it can be classed as a regular car boot,its run by the school to help raise them funds,so please don't disrespect the people who run it as they are all volunteers and do there best and it cannot be that bad when they turn away traders year on year because they are sold out.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 23:30 ----------

did you know that if you book a car boot pitch at lowedges festival (please note bookings being taken now)and all must be pre-booked we allocate you 4x4 metres or 13ftx13ft

square plus car parking to the rear of the pitch,this pitch as you can see is huge to save cash book one pitch and share and save cash,the footfall at the festival is huge with thousands of visitors that spend a full day as theres so much going on this is a few of the attractions at this free entry event with lots of it free or subsidised,http://www.thesheepshow.co.uk ,dog show,funfair,farmers market,250 classic vehicles and much more book now email Stephen.rich@hotmail.co.uk,last year we turned away over 100 carbooters as they applied to late don't miss out book now

does any one know of any coming up in the future...preferably table top sales

many thanks

Dawn

try the Venue, 650 Manchester Road , Stocksbridge

tel. 0114 283 8692 or email deborah.frith@thevenuestocksbridge.co.uk

£10 for table .. starts 9.30am for buyers

http://www.thevenuestocksbridge.co.uk/_content/whats_on.php?date=2014-02-01

dates are

15 Feb, 8 March , 12 April , 10 May , 14 June, 20 September, 11 October , 8 Nov, 22 Nov 6 Dec

I liked it .. it had 2 big hall so it felt like a mini car boot .. but i go as a buyer .. the sellers still had a lot unsold .. whether cos it's located in the outskirts ..

Edited by orchid72
forgot website

We are thinking of setting up a regular Sat or Sun Car Boot in the Antiques Quarter - on Abbeydale Road in Sheffield probably in the same location as our vintage Markets.. Does anyone have any views on this. Would this be a welcome addition to the area?

many thanks for any feedback you can offer on this...

SAQ

Is this the Antiques Quarter who is thinking of setting up the Car Boot or a separate company please

Im wanting to do a carboot in sheffield but is it too early or does anyone know of any indoor ones that are on this Sunday?

Cheers

Im wanting to do a carboot in sheffield but is it too early or does anyone know of any indoor ones that are on this Sunday?

Cheers

The only indoor carboot is at Mansfield and to be honest it's not worth the fuel. Not really a carboot in Sheffield only Oldcoates, Doncaster at the weekends at minute.

Cheers

There is a good one at Chesterfield Football Ground. It's not too far to go and there's usually loads of booters there.

done more early bookings than normal In car boots ,so don't forget 1st come 1st served and you can share the space if you wish as its 4x4 metres and car parking space at the back of the stall,same for cars,vans ect,but sorry you must pre-book so book now

per Stephen.rich@hotmail.co.uk thanks

There is a good one at Chesterfield Football Ground. It's not too far to go and there's usually loads of booters there.

when does this take place hun , is it on now , i am desperate to do a carboot to get clearing out my stock pile , don't want to wait until april lol

thank you :)

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 15:48 ----------

when does this take place hun , is it on now , i am desperate to do a carboot to get clearing out my stock pile , don't want to wait until april lol

thank you :)

found the website , might give it a try this sunday weather permitting thank you