Doncaster Free Press reporter threatened by far-right

its just a whole load of geraniums

..garnished with poison ivy

Having said that it isn't clear whether this happened at the Barkers Pool memorial.

It's pretty clear that it didn't. The EDL didn't get near the war memorial that first weekend. Which is why they were reduced to throwing their so-called memorial bouquets at the anti-fascists.

It's pretty clear that it didn't. The EDL didn't get near the war memorial that first weekend. Which is why they were reduced to throwing their so-called memorial bouquets at the anti-fascists.

I was really speaking from the perspective of the clip I posted a link to earlier and the one referred to in the OP, neither of which shows what precipitated the flower throwing, I don't have any observations to make beyond that.

Erm. Having read the article I must be missing something. Could someone point out the part where the "EDL thugs" threatened the journo?

All I can see is that the said they'd set up camp outside the office where she works until they deal with her in regards to the criminal damage she apparently took part in.

I'd like to address this if I may, as I was able to view the comments written by EDL members upon the Doncaster Free Press Facebook wall, shortly before it was taken offline.

I won't bother to laboriously go through each and every hate-filler, threatening post made; though I have kept screenshots where applicable - But some of the highlights include:

Threats to (to try any put it as delicately as possible) 'stuff the young lady's womanhood with razor blades and throttle her' (the actual post, which had 16 'likes' was not worded in the manner above, but I'll mercifully spare you a direct quote).

Encouragement for readers to 'pour acid upon the young lady's face.

A promise to 'firebomb the newspaper office'.

Several comments to the effect that she should 'contract AIDS and die' (this was occasionally broadened to included other Doncaster Free Press staff members, who, it was felt were complicit in the alleged actions.

An entire slough of racist posts, accusing the person of various intimate relationships with members of the Islamic community, who were labelled using the most vulgar and abusive terms imaginable.

And finally... a message containing the young lady's email address and work telephone number, with an enthusiastic appeal to other EDL members to 'bombard her with messages of hate' - followed by a chilling comment to the effect that 'we know where you are and where you live'.

.. and these are just some of the highlights. I'm not really surprised the Facebook page was taken down. Hopefully some of the worst culprits are, right now, discussing their actions with the police within an interview room!

I'd like to address this if I may, as I was able to view the comments written by EDL members upon the Doncaster Free Press Facebook wall, shortly before it was taken offline.

I won't bother to laboriously go through each and every hate-filler, threatening post made; though I have kept screenshots where applicable - But some of the highlights include:

Threats to (to try any put it as delicately as possible) 'stuff the young lady's womanhood with razor blades and throttle her' (the actual post, which had 16 'likes' was not worded in the manner above, but I'll mercifully spare you a direct quote).

Encouragement for readers to 'pour acid upon the young lady's face.

A promise to 'firebomb the newspaper office'.

Several comments to the effect that she should 'contract AIDS and die' (this was occasionally broadened to included other Doncaster Free Press staff members, who, it was felt were complicit in the alleged actions.

An entire slough of racist posts, accusing the person of various intimate relationships with members of the Islamic community, who were labelled using the most vulgar and abusive terms imaginable.

And finally... a message containing the young lady's email address and work telephone number, with an enthusiastic appeal to other EDL members to 'bombard her with messages of hate' - followed by a chilling comment to the effect that 'we know where you are and where you live'.

.. and these are just some of the highlights. I'm not really surprised the Facebook page was taken down. Hopefully some of the worst culprits are, right now, discussing their actions with the police within an interview room!

It doesn't really address it because you haven't provided any evidence that these things were actually said. All we have to go on is a link in the OP and a quote contained within the link that isn't a threat against the young women.

Edited by maxmaximus

Thanks for pointing this out Lord Monty

I'm sure these posts were made and the page taken down.

The EDL do make some relevant comments about society but then you get

scum like these who make the EDL a joke.

It does really address it because you haven't provided any evidence that these things were actually said. All we have to go on is a link in the OP and a quote contained within the link that isn't a threat against the young women.

and you cant prove they wernt said :hihi:

and you cant prove they wernt said :hihi:

Why would I need to prove they weren't said?

.....thanks to the anti EDL posters with their links I now tend to side with the EDL as the innocent party in most of the meetings.......

What a lie. You side with the EDL for the same reason you voted NF and BNP and now UKIP and why you have that Enoch quote as your signature. You're a far right white supremacist and always have been.

And like maxmaximus you're more than a little complacent towards paedophiles with your "Stuart Hall is innocent" posts.

Just for the record, I didn't just make it all up. Sorry Maxmaximus, I assume you are an EDL 'supporter' of some kind, but however much you wish to believe otherwise, I'm afraid that the comments I posted (or, to be more accurate, paraphrased, as re-writing the original versions would likely result in a forum ban) are not just figments of my imagination. Presumably some other readers were looking at the Facebook site during the time it all kicked off and also saw them, it's not as if they were well hidden?

I'm afraid Maxmaximum that some of your fellow EDL supporters are not particularly nice people - not nice at all. I don't think it requires a particularly wide leap of faith to believe that some of these people are capable of actions that include bullying, harassment and threats.

Just for the record, I didn't just make it all up. Sorry Maxmaximus,

I haven't accused you of making it up, but it can only be taken with a pinch of salt because you can't back it up with evidence, a court would be described as hearsay, because it cannot be adequately substantiated.

Edited by maxmaximus

Just for the record, I didn't just make it all up. Sorry Maxmaximus, I assume you are an EDL 'supporter' of some kind, but however much you wish to believe otherwise, I'm afraid that the comments I posted (or, to be more accurate, paraphrased, as re-writing the original versions would likely result in a forum ban) are not just figments of my imagination. Presumably some other readers were looking at the Facebook site during the time it all kicked off and also saw them, it's not as if they were well hidden?

I'm afraid Maxmaximum that some of your fellow EDL supporters are not particularly nice people - not nice at all. I don't think it requires a particularly wide leap of faith to believe that some of these people are capable of actions that include bullying, harassment and threats.

I saw the comments on the Sheffield infidels Facebook page too along with a lass's photo and profile.

Glamrock and Maximus are far right extremist's themselves who probably post on the infidels site themselves.