Juice fast..anyone done it?

I watched that programme last night, Fat, Sick & Almost Dead and despite the very americanised programme making, it was quite interesting.

I'm not one for faddy diets, I've never done slimming world or counted calories...if I want to lose a few pounds I just eat healthier foods and do more exercise...but I do love my food :D

The fast caught my attention not only for the results it gave but it seemed like a good way to detox every now and then...but I know how these things work, you go back to eating normal food and pile all the weight back on and then some! Plus the cost of buying all that fruit and veg must soon add up!

Has anyone tried it?

Would you not safe a small fortune if you bought fruit yourself and put it into a blender?

I have juice fasted before in combination with a herbal colon cleanse to detox but I'd only ever advise doing it for a few days at a time.

Juice fasting is a great way to detox and feel revitalised, but it's not a good tool for weight loss.

I have a commercial omega juicer so I just bought a load of fruit and veg, if your juicing mostly veg it's not any more expensive that what you would be spending on quality food. Since plain vegetable juice doesn't taste that good unless it's mild flavoured like cucumber or celery you would want to add fruit like apples.

For this reason the calories provided from the juice keep you energised. You will drop several lbs of water weight and waste but this shouldn't be confused with fat.

In my experience the first day is difficult because your used to eating but by day 3 I found myself really not hungry.

My partner also juice fasts a few times a year, he makes fresh veg/fruit juices at home and just drinks not from concentrate shop juice at work. Fresh veg juice tends to taste discussing if its not drunk fresh but luckily the range of veg/low sugar fruit juices at the supermarkets now is good.

On the other hand 24hr water fasts are a great way to maintain or lose weight whilst eating a normal balanced diet 6 days a week. I regularly fast 6pm Friday until 6pm Saturday, the weekend keeps me busy and I can indulge on saturday night dinner without it going on my waistline.

Both methods of fasting can be hugely beneficial when not abused.

Edited by Windra

I watched that programme last night, Fat, Sick & Almost Dead and despite the very americanised programme making, it was quite interesting.

I'm not one for faddy diets, I've never done slimming world or counted calories...if I want to lose a few pounds I just eat healthier foods and do more exercise...but I do love my food :D

The fast caught my attention not only for the results it gave but it seemed like a good way to detox every now and then...but I know how these things work, you go back to eating normal food and pile all the weight back on and then some! Plus the cost of buying all that fruit and veg must soon add up!

Has anyone tried it?

Cheap company started up here in Sheffield.

http://sheffieldjuicefast.weebly.com/index.html

Has anyone tried it?

I've seen that documentary and rate it highly.

I've also been on a loose variant of 80-10-10 since last september. Lost 2 stone (now a lean 11 stone) which will stay off for the rest of my life, cured several health issues, feel superb and for the first time in my life have consistent energy levels.

I get most of my daily calories from raw, unprocessed fruits, plus some veg and a few processed foods.

I never go hungry, stuff my face with food all day, and find, with certain strategies in place, that it is very easy to stick to, and requires no willpower (in fact the thought of eating some of the processed rubbish I used to consume avidly, now just repulses me).

Happy to provide more info if requested- I'm not going to spend time debating/arguing, but, for sincere info requests, I'll definitly go out of my way.

Joe Cross is an inspiration. I have started a juice fast and it is great. Never had so much energy. There are a few side effects!!! :gag: but only last for a day or 2. I get my fruit and veg from Lidl as its cheap and good quality. If you have a look at the website http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/ follow one of the plans on there. I am doing the 15 day reboot but hopefully will go 60 days.

All the people talking about doing this and not really loosing weight are wrong (sorry) yes the initial weight loss can be some water but you will lose weight on this. Really you are just eating fruit and veg but a lot more than you could normally. Yes you could pile it all back on afterwards but the whole idea is you are reprogramming your lifestyle

Good luck if you decide to do this.

I've heard to much fruit juicing can be bad for you especially daily, fruit has lots of natural sugars which can be just as bad as normal sugar. I'm not saying juicing is bad for you as i'm very passionate about juicing however i'd use veg to juice a lot better for you than fruit but be aware a lot of fibre is lost whilst it's been juiced.

I've done the 80/20 (80% veg / 20% fruit) juice diet. Did it for 3 months and lost 4 stone.

Pros:

-Feel physically incredible

-Tons of slow release energy from fat burning

-Fat loss

-Cheap, especially when veg bought from Moor Market

-Incredibly good for you

Cons:

-Mentally difficult especially as food is so social

-Intense physical activity like HIIT training is almost impossible, not enough rapid release energy due to lack of sugar/carbs

-Too much time spent making juice to get through each week

-You'll hate everyone who eats warm, nice food around you! :hihi:

-The first 4 or 5 days you feel terrible from the detox and just need to rest

All in all it did what I wanted, fat loss. For mental well being I wouldn't do it longer than 3 months. The amount of micro nutrients you get makes you feel physically awesome as long as you aren't doing high intensity training, perfect if you are walking/swimming. I struggled to weight lift or run while doing it.

I did it for a few days but felt awful so I stopped. But, I can see the difference it made to how well my body deals with being ill! I am going to do it again soon as I am now obsessed with juices. I just need to take a week off to get into it so I can get over the headaches and the mood swings on my own rather than sat at my desk at work.

I do intermittent fasting. I do it everyday. I only eat in the 6-8 hours window prior going to bed. About half of what I eat is usually juices, fruit an veggies. I am also vegan. So I am really slim

Plantas electricas