Has midwife got my dates wrong?? Women please help!!

Sorry to butt in but can i ask something?

How come if you know when you ovulated they dont date you from then, why do they go back a couple of weeks?

Sorry to butt in but can i ask something?

How come if you know when you ovulated they dont date you from then, why do they go back a couple of weeks?

Its because most women don't actually know when they ovulated. So instead they use a standardised method for everyone using the first day of your last menstrual period. Even if you tell them you know when you ovulated (like I did last time due to me charting my BBT), they still say that it might not be accurate. It's just easier for them to do it that way I guess.

Even when friends have known the exact date that they conceived (because it couldn't be any other day) the midwives have dated the pregnancy based on last period, so I wouldn't fret about it. As Kaye says, you get a much more accurate date when you have your scan anyway.

Even when friends have known the exact date that they conceived (because it couldn't be any other day) the midwives have dated the pregnancy based on last period, so I wouldn't fret about it. As Kaye says, you get a much more accurate date when you have your scan anyway.

But medusa, as this pregnancy has taught me, you don't even know when you conceive. Turns out (according to that scan I have just had) I would've ovulated on 12 June but I know for a fact the last time we..........Ahem...........was on the 8th

Therefore when I conceived I might well have been in the queue at Asda. :hihi::hihi:

Edited by Bethsmummy

Does it really matter what date they calculate? It won't change anything (except they might wish to induce if they've calculated too early).

Does it really matter what date they calculate? It won't change anything (except they might wish to induce if they've calculated too early).

The scan should be around 12 weeks, they do nuchal screening now which has to be done between certain weeks/days in pregnancy. They do in Chesterfield anyway. Why would they induce- the dates will become accurate during scans.

---------- Post added 28-07-2013 at 19:49 ----------

PS- you should be 9 weeks and due on 27th Feb. You can't be due on 1st- I am due on 12th and am 11 and a half weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone

The scan should be around 12 weeks, they do nuchal screening now which has to be done between certain weeks/days in pregnancy. They do in Chesterfield anyway. Why would they induce- the dates will become accurate during scans.

---------- Post added 28-07-2013 at 19:49 ----------

PS- you should be 9 weeks and due on 27th Feb. You can't be due on 1st- I am due on 12th and am 11 and a half weeks.

Ooooh gratz you! xxx

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android