New Aldi Ecclesfield

There's a Lidl just down the road, plus two ASDA's 5 minutes away.

According to the adverts ASDA are the lowest price supermarket, since supermarkets began.......... or something like that.

They are the cheapest based on their economy brand eg smart price v tesco value range or others, but not overall, the ads don't tell ya that part lol xxx

dont like having to mess about putting shopping in trolley then bagging it again seems stupid to me if it was really busy would be a right perfomance

Personally, I like this system. Gets people through the tills, out the way and keeps the queue down. Nothing worse than being stuck behind some one amp taking all month just to bag a few groceries.

Their till staff can sure teach a thing or two about efficiency to Morrisons and the Coop.

they was taking a forever to serve people when i went

also you might think its quicker that way with bagging things but when if ever it does get busy will be a pain in arse that way

I go to an Aldi and although I can't do a full shop there the stuff i do buy is anywhere from 10p to 50p cheaper than the identical or similar stuff from one of the larger supermarkets. I don't mind having to move away from the tills before bagging my stuff as then I'm not rushing and am not holding the queue up. It is better than my nearby Lidl and I suspect I'll continue using it. One slight concern though is that I have noticed that the car park is getting busier as others are obviously discovering it's worthwhile using the place, silly me I shouldn't be telling all you good folk about it I'll get trampled in the stampede

no visa debit, cash or electron, :(

It does accept Visa debit cards.

NOT happy at the 3am delivery vehicles when the condition of approval was no deliveries outside of 7am and 10pm. Will be raising this.

As for the shop itself, quite like it and hasn't been anywhere near as much hassle as I expected.

Come on people. I can remember when you couldn't get all your needs from 1 shop. There was the green grocer, butchers, grocery, papershop,etc you had to visit them all and you queued then. They added your purchases up mentally and wrote them done on a paper bag. Shop and get the best from all the supermarkets. :thumbsup:

Well I went there at 9am yesterday, the shop was lovely, the staff helpful and friendly, paid with debit card and was an all round pleasant experience and prices definitely cheaper than Morrisons. Will be going again:D

NOT happy at the 3am delivery vehicles when the condition of approval was no deliveries outside of 7am and 10pm. Will be raising this.

As for the shop itself, quite like it and hasn't been anywhere near as much hassle as I expected.

I was born and lived as a small child at 23 The Common. Looks as if it is opposite the Aldi car park entrance. Rather pleased I am not there now.

Quite annoyed that it seems that they sent lots of money off vouchers out in the area before they opened, yet they didn't bother to send any out to the people living in the immediate vicinity. This is despite the fact that we're the ones having to put up with the extra traffic and noise from deliveries

I was born and lived as a small child at 23 The Common. Looks as if it is opposite the Aldi car park entrance. Rather pleased I am not there now.

Sorry to go off topic, but did you used to live in the little cottage that stood alone in the little field? I used to pass that every day going home from school and I remember the old Man that lived there :)