New Aldi Ecclesfield

I believe Aldi are opening new stores to "meet demand" so someone is buying their stuff!

I can't do a full shop at Aldi or Lidl, but both have certain lines I like. When I was still working I didn't have the time, and never had much inclination to shop around. But I'm retired, with plenty of time, and a limited income so I can pick and choose.

Today Aldi for the bargains, tomorrow M&S for the little luxuries. ;)

You would never believe that the Ecclesfield Aldi stands on land which up to the 1930's was a large dam. It was there to drive the water wheels which operated the Ecclesfield Flour Mill, and was there as early as the late 1500s. Only a small piece of the mill now remains (the former Rollem Patent Products), and this is a listed building. Rather an eyesore at present.

I can't do a full shop at Aldi or Lidl, but both have certain lines I like. When I was still working I didn't have the time, and never had much inclination to shop around. But I'm retired, with plenty of time, and a limited income so I can pick and choose.

Today Aldi for the bargains, tomorrow M&S for the little luxuries. ;)

I can't do a full shop at either Aldi or Lidl but I like them both and if I had to chose between the two then Aldi would be my favourite but Lidl also provides me with essentials at lesser prices then the big supermarkets.

We have Lidl on our doorstep as well but tomorrow we will be visiting the new Aldi at Ecclesfield along with Morrisons.

As for M&S for little luxuries......my pension won't stretch to those. :hihi: Good job I either don't rely on my stingy pension or I don't need the little luxuries. ;)

OK

I asked for the sarcasm didn't I LOL

Well I am easily satisfied and I shall shop there again free bag or no free bag.

PS I don't get out much. :P

What are the opening hours because I can't find them on their websites?

Thank you Shinyhappy - going there for first time tomorrow

Thanks Jimmy but can't access that link

Is this what it has come to? A budget supermarket opens and the car park is full and the place rammed. Excitement over a free bag? There must be a dozen other Aldis in this city.

This country has gone downhill.

Is this what it has come to? A budget supermarket opens and the car park is full and the place rammed. Excitement over a free bag? There must be a dozen other Aldis in this city.

This country has gone downhill.

I think it might be the huge savings on weekly shop that's the attraction, rather than the free bag :) x other Aldi stores are across the city and meadowhall one pales in comparison IMO x you either like Aldi or hate it, so easy solution is shop elsewhere if it's not your cup of tea. Me personally, I'd rather save £40 a week and load into my trolley xx

i went yesterday not enough room specially if it was busy also not enough choice of things food wise

dont like having to mess about putting shopping in trolley then bagging it again seems stupid to me if it was really busy would be a right perfomance

wont be going again stick with morrisons

There's a Lidl just down the road, plus two ASDA's 5 minutes away.

According to the adverts ASDA are the lowest price supermarket, since supermarkets began.......... or something like that.