Southey green, it's OK really isn't it?

It's no where near as bad as some folk make it out, I'd sooner live on Southey then Wincobank.

Some parts of it are every bit as bad as some folk make out.

Some parts of it are every bit as bad as some folk make out.

You can pick holes in any estate, big council estates are easy targets but tbf it's not as bad as people make it out.

Hi

We'll I live hear and I hear and read about what people think about the area,

I'm also a bus driver,I drive all over the s5 postcode,I get the odd smashed window from time to time. Gernerly people hear are ok

The new youth rehab open prison opening in wincobank soon Will be a hand full for the poor residents.

I feel sorry for them,the city council ignored the resident concerns and worries.

Mr blunket will not be getting my vote I can tell u

You can pick holes in any estate, big council estates are easy targets but tbf it's not as bad as people make it out.

I agree, there are still plenty of good people around as well :)

Where abouts in Wincobank is the young offenders thing planned for?

I live on Southey Green Road, near to where Ritz was, been OK up to now. No problems

hi five of

the young offenders hostel will be in the old heath clinic on the corner of bluebell road, the house I was goner buy was two doors down.

if you go on the council website you will be able to read all the information about it,

hope it helps!

I have two men that work for me that lives on Southey Green and one on Parson Cross. There are the usual Council Estate low lifes like you would find on any Council estate but as for trouble on Southey Green my two lads don,t know of any.

One of them has a couple next door that are always rowing but you will find that anywhere. Theft is not known to them and the kids are happy.

Check out your immediate neighbors and if they seem ok then go for it.

not everyone who lives on a council estate are scum bags :loopy:

most are decent people who would go to the end of earth to help anybody out unlike most up there ar...s people who think everyone who lives in a council home is scum :loopy:

It's no where near as bad as some folk make it out, I'd sooner live on Southey then Wincobank.

I'd rather live there than live in Southey than live in deepest Somalia, but it doesn't mean either are good.

A friend of mine is from Parson Cross and moved to Southey Green a few years ago. In his words "once people get to know you, and know you're all right, they'll know to leave your house and car alone."

They wouldn't know me, I doubt they'd think I'm all right, so I'd never live in either area. If you're proper Sheffield and look like you can handle yourself though, I expect you'd be fine.

A friend of mine is from Parson Cross and moved to Southey Green a few years ago. In his words "once people get to know you, and know you're all right, they'll know to leave your house and car alone."

They wouldn't know me, I doubt they'd think I'm all right, so I'd never live in either area. If you're proper Sheffield and look like you can handle yourself though, I expect you'd be fine.

Total rubbish. I've lived here on and off all my life. Granted there are better areas of Sheffield but we've NEVER had any problems.