The Bell Jar, London Road

This could run and run...

I'm going for the 'Robinson Crusoe', where you can feast on baby goat and turtle eggs. Mmmm!

Haha, nice but insufficiently miserabilist. I suggest the 'Lord of the Flies': a family pub with children's play area.

Excellent. A new venture without all the over the top corporate excrement speak that Brewdog thought appropriate.

And a welcome addition to London Road, because no matter how many fans the Cremorne has had over the years, it's always been a hole, with either poor beer or no beer at all (I've been in when they've had to go and buy bottles from over the road) and usually full of druggies and wastoids trying to blag money off you. There is a point where Bohemian and alternative becomes drug-addled and annoying.

Excellent. A new venture without all the over the top corporate excrement speak that Brewdog thought appropriate.

And a welcome addition to London Road, because no matter how many fans the Cremorne has had over the years, it's always been a hole, with either poor beer or no beer at all (I've been in when they've had to go and buy bottles from over the road) and usually full of druggies and wastoids trying to blag money off you. There is a point where Bohemian and alternative becomes drug-addled and annoying.

Very nicely worded. The restaurants on London Rd are the best in Sheffield, no doubt, and now we need some decent pubs to match.

Doesn't sound like the Cremorne I know. The new owners have really turned it around & always have an excellent range of real ales on.

Doesn't sound like the Cremorne I know. The new owners have really turned it around & always have an excellent range of real ales on.

Agreed. it's not been like that for years.

I believe the bell jar is supposed to be a student themed pub. I welcome the venture and also hope that the Royal and tramways can also reopen in some form one day.

I believe the bell jar is supposed to be a student themed pub. I welcome the venture and also hope that the Royal and tramways can also reopen in some form one day.

it's meant to be a nice/cool/whatever you want to call it alternative to the horrors of London road. I hope it succeeds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel3982

Agreed. it's not been like that for years.

Agreed.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Pretty sure it`s (Cremorne) linked in with Sheaf View. Is the former bar manager there now in post at Cremorne?

Edited by jemson

I went down on saturday at 2pm ish as the sun was burning bright and it was closed.

So went to the Broadfield. Fully air conditioned which was lovely when going inside for a round.

Been trying to contact Cremorne for the last two days but no answer (2509974) does anyone know if it will be open at 17.30 on Friday.

Free House?

Yes - the pubco that previously owned it sold the freehold for redevelopment or whatever.