Are Tattoos Attractive?

Tattoos are an expression of someone's identity. I find them less offensive than someone who chooses to wear a cross round their neck, or any other form of religious artefact.

Anyone mentioned Tramp Stamps yet?

---------- Post added 20-08-2014 at 07:28 ----------

Tattoos are an expression of someone's identity. I find them less offensive than someone who chooses to wear a cross round their neck, or any other form of religious artefact.

Even a Snivelly (Beckham) cross on their backs?

Anyone mentioned Tramp Stamps yet?

---------- Post added 20-08-2014 at 07:28 ----------

Even a Snivelly (Beckham) cross on their backs?

It's covered up 90% of the time. And I said I find them less offensive. Truth is, I find very little offensive when it comes to the way someone looks or dresses.

What people find attractive is personal to them. A small odd tattoo I can cope with but full on body tattoo's look awful IMO. But everyone to their own.

It infuriates me when I see the unemployed with tattoos. My taxes are paying for them to ensure they remain unemployed.

i'm with you on that

If you'd bothered to check forum rules, you'd know that starting new threads when old threads about the same topic already exist is frowned upon. I brought this one back because there's a topical article just appeared on the BBC website confirming that most reputable employers do frown upon potential employees with visible tattoos, which proves my argument is correct. By all means ignore this thread if you're not interested.

But you didn't have to bother at all, which shows how much you must really hate tattoos.

---------- Post added 24-08-2014 at 08:44 ----------

It infuriates me when I see the unemployed with tattoos. My taxes are paying for them to ensure they remain unemployed.

So, how do you know they got the tattoos whilst unemployed? They don't have datestamps you know.

But you didn't have to bother at all, which shows how much you must really hate tattoos.

---------- Post added 24-08-2014 at 08:44 ----------

So, how do you know they got the tattoos whilst unemployed? They don't have datestamps you know.

... maybe they ought to then? :huh:

That way we'd all know if it was due to youthful exuberance or middle-age stupidity!

I have several tattoos.

One of them is visible (on my hand), I had it done when I was 18.

In my early life it was a barrier to me landing a job but now that I have a good job where the company took me on for me rather for a symbol of youthful ignorance it doesn't pose a problem. However, mixing in the professional circles that I do now, I have made a decision to have it removed.

Do I regret it? No

I still like ink but that doesn't mean I would rush out now and have another done.

What I don't like is the quite recent fad for neck tattoos. They just look ridiculous to me, but of course that's just my opinion.

Is it only me or do tattoos look stupid and make the wearer look an idiot

Just you. lol and probably many others. Just as many think they look cool. If it's not for you don't have one!

Edited by skat man

Sadly it's not just you. But hey Ho! Fat women will continue to wear leggings, despite the fact that they make them look like an idiot. Same with chavs and caps that don't fit!

Who are you or I to stop them doing what they want with their appearance?

Sadly it's not just you. But hey Ho! Fat women will continue to wear leggings, despite the fact that they make them look like an idiot. Same with chavs and caps that don't fit!

Who are you or I to stop them doing what they want with their appearance?

That wasn't the question, though. OP asked 'Are tattos attractive?'.

You clearly think they are. Many others do not. It's subjective.

Your thread was more interesing because it challenged the morality of discriminating against people with visible tattoos. All this thread can do really is record whether people like the look of them or not, which is neither here nor there. It's a bit like saying 'Do you find street furniture attractive?'