Who will benefit from 'Shale Fracking'?

Who will reap the benefits from Shale Fracking? Where it claimed that there are enough reserves in Lancashire and Yorkshire to power the UK for the next 50 years.

Back in the 60s we were promised a golden age when North Sea Gas & Oil started to flow in the 70s, all I remember was massive inflation and when it was in full flow James Callaghan going to the world bank to borrow money.

This calls for the question if I'm still waiting for my North Sea Gas & Oil cheque will I live long enough to receive my Bonus from Shale Fracking?

Shale Fracking? Sounds disgusting....

Especially if you're a Battlestar Galactica fan...

Going on previous form, they will export the gas at half the price they are importing foreign gas at.

Who will reap the benefits from Shale Fracking? Where it claimed that there are enough reserves in Lancashire and Yorkshire to power the UK for the next 50 years.

Back in the 60s we were promised a golden age when North Sea Gas & Oil started to flow in the 70s, all I remember was massive inflation and when it was in full flow James Callaghan going to the world bank to borrow money.

This calls for the question if I'm still waiting for my North Sea Gas & Oil cheque will I live long enough to receive my Bonus from Shale Fracking?

If you were around in the 1960s and 1970s you will remember constant strikes, inefficient nationalised industries producing crap like Morris Marinas and Hillman Imps that no one in the world wanted to buy. Folk were lucky to own a car, a telephone and a black & white TV and had a week in Skeggy for their holiday. Perhaps without the tax revenues from North Sea Oil we would still be in that mess with an economy on a par with Greece.

Your memory seems to be playing tricks on you, North Sea oil revenues peaked in 1985 - Thatcher used these monies to finance the mass unemployment she created by closing much of the UK's manufacturing base and to later fuel the great boom and bust of the late '80's and early 90's.

Cuadrilla will benefit. Is there anybody out there naive enough to think it will lead to lower energy prices for consumers?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Cuadrilla will benefit. Is there anybody out there naive enough to think it will lead to lower energy prices for consumers?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

We'll no doubt get the enevitable "If it wasnt for fracking prices would have gone up by 50% but they are only going up by 45%"

You just might be around to see the damage it causes.

"Who will benefit from 'Shale Fracking'?"

Why, the Chairman and his Directors of course.

Not me and thee that's a cert.

Angel.

"Who will benefit from 'Shale Fracking'?"

Why, the Chairman and his Directors of course.

Not me and thee that's a cert.

Angel.

And the shareholders, get in now and get some shares, that's where most of my energy sector holdings are now.