Samsung kies - keeps crashing out

I want to back up my mobile - Samsung GT-S5830i - which gets so far but then Kies keeps crashing out. Any ideas on how to fix it - it's a bit of a pain as I'm shifting from TMobile to o2 on Thursday. Tmobile says that I'll loose all my data during the transfer process. :help::help::help::help:

Thanks for help.

You'll loose all your data from your phone, just by putting in a new Sim?

Or are you switching phones too?

If you're connecting it to a PC then just back up your contacts to SD. Plug it in via USB, enter Mass Storage Mode then drag/drop everything to a folder on your PC.

No need for Kies.

BTW O2 will attempt to move your data anyway. Sounds like whichever Tmobile rep you spoke to was trying to "scare" you into staying with them.

Edited by Resident

It depends where your data is saved.

If its saved on the SIM card then yes it will be lost, but you should be able to move it all onto the phone where it will be preserved.

^^ do this + the one above

I used to have major problems with kies its an absoloute travesty of a program.

I gave up in the end with kies and just used a folder on the desktop.

I had problems with Samsung Kies on mine, my wife's and my daughters Samsung phones, i gave up and dowloaded Airdroid on my phone and pc, works a dream now...:thumbsup:

^^ do this + the one above

I used to have major problems with kies its an absoloute travesty of a program.

I gave up in the end with kies and just used a folder on the desktop.

People complain about iTunes - it's a dream compared to Kies.

Hi - thanks for all replies.

Although it keeps crashing out without completing the process , it appears that my contacts have still downloaded - how wierd is that. But although I've downloaded airdroid, it wont install on to my samsung.

Re other comments, want to transfer data from my existing TMobile Sim to an 02 sim. Former has advised that when I give O2 my PAC code I will lose everything on my phone.

I'm also switching phones from Samsung to an Iphone which I've just been given - lucky me :D