Buses on rutland road

Does anyone know which buses run up rutland road and where to catch them from near the bottom of it? Thanks

Does anyone know which buses run up rutland road and where to catch them from near the bottom of it? Thanks

Sorry we havn't had a bus run up Rutland Rd for years it is either walk up or have to go into Town and catch either 47, 48 or 87 and get off on Pitsmoor Rd.

I think it is a bit too steep for a bus is Rutland Road.

You don't see many cyclist cycling up Rutland either.

I think it is a bit too steep for a bus is Rutland Road.

You don't see many cyclist cycling up Rutland either.

Rubbish, we had No2 Inner Circular (double decker) running up Rutland Rd for 40 years up to about 5/6 years ago when they took it off and left us without any buses at all, and cyclists, yes plenty cycle up and down from 8am on weekdays.

are not most of the houses at the top of rutland road anyway,so pitsmoor road is ok

are not most of the houses at the top of rutland road anyway,so pitsmoor road is ok

Yes most of the houses are at the top of Rutland Rd but quite a few small firms have opened up down Rutland Rd also a large Supermarket on Infirmary Rd which can be seen from the top of Rutland Rd but if you used it would be to either walk up the hill, or catch bus/tram back into town and bus back to top of the hill.

yes kay i forgot about the small firms etc on there,and getting to tesco and morrissons etc,

a bus would be nice as not everyone as there own transport,and i for one would not like to walk up there with bags of shopping,or pushing a pram,

yes kay i forgot about the small firms etc on there,and getting to tesco and morrissons etc,

a bus would be nice as not everyone as there own transport,and i for one would not like to walk up there with bags of shopping,or pushing a pram,

That brings back memories 54 years ago I was able to push a pram up Rutland Rd but sadly couldn't even walk up now. A bus back again would be great as the Circular took in all the hospitals and saved hours travelling through town and back.

Rubbish, we had No2 Inner Circular (double decker) running up Rutland Rd for 40 years up to about 5/6 years ago when they took it off and left us without any buses at all, and cyclists, yes plenty cycle up and down from 8am on weekdays.

I was postie on rutland road for years in the 90's & early2000's & there was no buses on there back then !

I was postie on rutland road for years in the 90's & early2000's & there was no buses on there back then !

Sorry but we did have the Inner Circular and I have lived on this road since the sixties and the bus was taken off 5/6 years ago. Perhaps you delivered the post "inbetween buses" it was an hourly service.

I was there from about 1995 till about 2002 , never saw a bus , there weren't even any bus stops ...used to do all rutland rd onto oakham drive industrial estate & woodside /woodfold some of pitsmoor road round onto Christchurch rd , fox st & the surrounding streets , I made some good mates on there , lotsa happy memories but im afraid in about 7 years of delivering on there I never saw a bus , or a bus stop