What is the worst job?

Having just cleared away a badly decomposed dead mouse that had been creating a stink for days I think dealing with/cleaning up after rotten corpses must be pretty bloody awful.

That isn't your worse job though is it? That's just something you imagine to be bad.

---------- Post added 09-07-2013 at 08:00 ----------

Mine was working as a buffer in a pewter factory. Covered in muck and grime every day, it got everywhere, plus it could be dangerous too. It was piecework too (performance related pay) which is never a good thing.

Mine was probably Demulders in Nuneaton, it's where the carcasses of dead animals are taken and crunched up into feed for cattle. Trust me not a job for the faint hearted, and the smell got into your skin I was using a bottle of aftershave a day to get rid of smell after 3 showers.

Mine was probably Demulders in Nuneaton, it's where the carcasses of dead animals are taken and crunched up into feed for cattle. Trust me not a job for the faint hearted, and the smell got into your skin I was using a bottle of aftershave a day to get rid of smell after 3 showers.

an ex-work colleague of mine worked there. perhaps you knew him bypassblade, his name was ivor gore.

Probably working down the various rare earth metal mines in Africa and other countries to supply us all with our hand held electronic devices.

The worst job I could think of would be a slaughterman in an abattoir, must be so depressing.

Couldn't you tell them to get out and not to bother coming back until they were slightly better educated and prepared to behave themselves?

Or would you get into trouble for being blunt towards your clients?

I have worked there as well - he meant the staff, not the clients...

Pinnnnnng! Correct.:hihi:

I think he knew that ...

Dental nursing. Patients and dentists speak to you like something they have trodden in. You get rubbish wages for cleaning up peoples spit off the floor (and myself). I have had to phone the police on a few occasions because i was scared to leave the building at night and we have to pay £120 registration a year for the privilege of going to work to be spoke to like manure. We spend all day running about and never get a full hour lunch break. I have worked in this business for over ten years and everywhere is equally terrible. working from 8-7 is the norm and if you unfortunately need the toilet you will have to wait until your lunch 'hour' . It would be fantastic if a patient actually acknowledged we were in the room half of the time, the dentist is always 'mr fantastic' but we have had to go through training ourselves and get no credit. sorry...but next time you go to the dentist try and think of the poor girl stood in the corner probably terrified of getting a telling off when you leave the room. its amazing what gets thrown at us when patients aren't around.

I'm really shocked by this. I go to a very nice private dentists and from what I can see the dental nurses seem very happy, even have a little banter with the dentists. I've always thought it was a good job. Why don't you become a hygienist, is that any better?

I went into a dry cleaners today and the folk who work there all looked grumpy and poorly, must be one of the worst places to work on a day like today.

I went into a dry cleaners today and the folk who work there all looked grumpy and poorly, must be one of the worst places to work on a day like today.

What were you having dry cleaned Stan, a suit ready for court?

What were you having dry cleaned Stan, a suit ready for court?

I picked something up for my wife as it happens, wishful thinking who ever you are?

Edited by Stan Tamudo

I picked something up for my wife

I can read between the lines, bit of cross dressing then straight down the dry cleaners so nobody knows. I get it.

The worst job I could think of would be a slaughterman in an abattoir, must be so depressing.

Many moons ago I worked at the top of woodbourn rd when the abbatoir and the hides & skins place (tannery) were in full production.

My goodness! the stench was apalling! Even though I only worked NEAR the tannery, the pong would not wash out of my clothing without at least two washes.

I guess if you worked AT the tannery, you'd be hard pushed to get rid of the niff at all! :(

Edited by Crosser