Children of the 50s,teens of the 60s,did we have a better childhood

Where on earth are you coming from? There are "obscure religious sects" all over the world and they've been around for eons. Do they influence my life? Not one bit. And does this have anything to do with being brought up in the 50s or 60s? Not all all. Suggest staying on topic.

now now rog dont forget in Britain they still go to the local Druids meeting and all the follow's of Sir ollie Cromwell, in Wells they still dunk all the old witchs ,

now on second thoughts maybe not such a bad idea:D:D

now now rog dont forget in Britain they still go to the local Druids meeting and all the follow's of Sir ollie Cromwell, in Wells they still dunk all the old witchs ,

now on second thoughts maybe not such a bad idea:D:D

KEEP GOING YOU OLD ******* DESTROY SOME MORE THREADS SAND DOLLERS AKA CHAPMAN MAY HELP YOU!:loopy:

I was born in 51 and have no memories of it being fun.

In fact it was very hard

KEEP GOING YOU OLD ******* DESTROY SOME MORE THREADS SAND DOLLERS AKA CHAPMAN MAY HELP YOU!:loopy:

and I''m sure with your normal input of hate you can also help:P:P:P

I was born in 51 and have no memories of it being fun.

In fact it was very hard

I would imagine coming off the back of a brutal war, it was very hard going I was born in 58 so was a kid in the 60's.

my grandson said "grandad tells us about the bad old days when you were young! you know like when you had to walk all way across the lounge to turn TV channel over !

my grandson said "grandad tells us about the bad old days when you were young! you know like when you had to walk all way across the lounge to turn TV channel over !

You had a TV?

we now have a 47 in screen and box for 150 channels, back then we had a 47 in box and a 9 in screen to get 2 channels lol

...There are "obscure religious sects" all over the world ... Suggest staying on topic.
But it was not Banker who left the topic of the thread to refer to obscure religious sects, it was flyer in post 24 (Mennonite and Amish).

For my part I can only repeat my observations early in the thread, we may look back with nostalgia on an earler age but times change and the lifestyles of children change as well.:)

But it was not Banker who left the topic of the thread to refer to obscure religious sects, it was flyer in post 24 (Mennonite and Amish).

For my part I can only repeat my observations early in the thread, we may look back with nostalgia on an earler age but times change and the lifestyles of children change as well.:)

You're right. I hadn't spotted that. But noone needs to be talking about religious sects on this thread.

My intent was to compere kids lifestyle from 50s to today also cross culture's I would think that in todays Sheffield 75% of children bring from Asia etc ,being as thats where the children are coming from one can not just dismiss them with a wave of hand

---------- Post added 19-07-2013 at 10:59 ----------

I'm afraid pigeon as never understood the meaning of the word "Forum"as in lets talk!it is no use walking around with a sign saying PLEASE love ME as in his little chat club but to make him happy i will do two things#1 i've the pic he posted so PIGEON we all love you:love::love::love:and #2 he may pick one of the following,You reap what you sow,you made your bed lie in it,and last but not least, in the words of Sir Oliver Cromwell "And pray think you may be WRONG:rolleyes::rolleyes:

...in todays Sheffield 75% of children bring from Asia etc, being as thats where the children are coming from...
Well, I imagine the vast majority of Sheffield's children are from Sheffield. As for the number of ethnic Asians in Sheffield, according to Wikipedia these amount to 38,300 (that is, 32,400 South Asians and 5,900 Chinese) and so are about 6.94% of the city's population of 551,800 (2011 estimate). Even with the "other groups" children (Yemeni etc.) I would think they would need a pretty high birth rate for their progeny to make up 75% of Sheffield's children..:?