I M F state UK economy to grow by 2%

Not Really, as George "Grub Bank" Osborne admitted in that interview what did the rounds a few months back, that it always helps to make things look worse than they are when you're trying to take over the running of the country. Can you tell us why the current government borrowed more money in the first 2.5 years of their term than under 3 whole terms under Labour?

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 07:27 ----------

The economy nosedived in 2008 for the same reasons that all Western economies did. Since Labour does not control those other countries why is it Labour's fault? From memory because I've not looked it up, there was growth between of around 2-3% during 2008-2010, how do you explain that it is much less now, 0.8% or something?

If you are right and the problem is an international one, how can you criticise the current government in their efforts to put things right. You seem to assert the problem is unsolvable.

Did you have expect it to be higher?

I would have preferred it to be much lower and I certainly wouldn't expect to see high growth for many years.

I think at 0.5% a quarter it could be sustainable and help with deficit reduction.

Longer term I couldn't agree more that growth should only happen if it can be sustained. And that means lower growth, no more cheap credit driving fake economic booms and tough changes for people to accept.

If you are right and the problem is an international one, how can you criticise the current government in their efforts to put things right. You seem to assert the problem is unsolvable.

For Mecky the problem is unsolvable because it would look bad on the load of scrubbers he supports if the coalition get us out of the heap of doo-doos they dropped us in.

Unfortunately for him the rest of Europe is going backwards whilst our economy gains pace. By 2015 I think Mecky will be slashing his wrists because the country is doing rather well.

I take your point I should have said sustained quarter on quarter growth.

Anyway, the point is that there has been no strong sustained growth under the Tories. Just flatlining with the occasional freak blip.

Your blindness to the progress this country is making is quite extra ordinary. Whilst the rest of Europe is firmly in recession the UK is moving forward and yet you choose to ignore that and claim we are flatlining. I suppose from your point of view it was the wrong government that got us into the mess and the wrong one who has got us out of it. I don't think the UNBIASED financial reports in the media will share your cynicism.

I've no intention of pointing out your errors in public an embarrassing you yet again.

I won't be embarrassed, guaranteed. Now do it!

I won't be embarrassed, guaranteed. Now do it!

As for unanswered questions there is at least a half dozen outstanding from you so when you answer them you can come back and I may deign to recognise you.

Those many trips to middle east countries selling Defense mechanisms by Careron are paving the way to our prosperity. War is peace.

Your blindness to the progress this country is making is quite extra ordinary. Whilst the rest of Europe is firmly in recession the UK is moving forward and yet you choose to ignore that and claim we are flatlining. I suppose from your point of view it was the wrong government that got us into the mess and the wrong one who has got us out of it. I don't think the UNBIASED financial reports in the media will share your cynicism.

I'm not blind to it. Any smidgeon of positive news is of course very welcome.

However, the fundamentals cannot be ignored. We are still in extremely severe trouble on some many fronts. Our persistent sustained record deficits, surging borrowing costs, accelerating government debt, poor construction and manufacturing sector results. etc... etc... etc...

The bursting of the bond bubble is where the next 2008-style crisis will come from. Failure to control borrowing costs will be another item to add to Osborne's long list of disasters.

I'm not blind to it. Any smidgeon of positive news is of course very welcome.

However, the fundamentals cannot be ignored. We are still in extremely severe trouble on some many fronts. Our persistent sustained record deficits, surging borrowing costs, accelerating government debt, poor construction and manufacturing sector results. etc... etc... etc...

The bursting of the bond bubble is where the next 2008-style crisis will come from. Failure to control borrowing costs will be another item to add to Osborne's long list of disasters.

I'll leave you to it. You clearly have no interest in sensible debate. You merely want to ignore all that facts and indulge in your personal anti Osbourne rant. I'm suspecting some political party affiliation is behind you.

I'll enjoy the sunshine and leave you to get on with your job.

I'll leave you to it. You clearly have no interest in sensible debate. You merely want to ignore all that facts and indulge in your personal anti Osbourne rant. I'm suspecting some political party affiliation is behind you.

I'll enjoy the sunshine and leave you to get on with your job.

On the contrary I do want to debate. If you want to dispute any of the points in my post let's debate them point by point. I'm not ranting. Just presenting the facts.

What do you think my job is? I support the Greens by the way.

I support the Greens by the way.

That probably explains why your grasp of economics is so divorced from reality.

That probably explains why your grasp of economics is so divorced from reality.

Which bits are detached from reality?

Because I can see that Osborne is a disaster for this country, like Brown before him?

Because I refuse to participate in a feel good frenzy off the back of lukewarm growth and over-optimistic forecasts?

Our economy is broken. Really badly broken. Wake up to the fact.