Pride Sheffield today

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

Why am i being obtuse? im just ponting out the fact that you seem to have picked up on my response to another poster without seeming to understand my point.

please dont accuse me of being obtuse when you dont even grasp the point im making.

if your going to call me names at least demonstrate you have understood my point, not once have you actually taken the point ive made and formed an argument against it and when i explain my argument you dont even take those explanations and argue against them you just come up with another point that doesnt relate to my argumnent.

now can yopu explain how a ticketed pride which excludes those that it most needs to educate is like the black and womens rights movements that directly confronted peoples phobias or are you going to continue to run around in circles without an actual argument?

Why am i being obtuse? im just ponting out the fact that you seem to have picked up on my response to another poster without seeming to understand my point.

please dont accuse me of being obtuse when you dont even grasp the point im making.

if your going to call me names at least demonstrate you have understood my point, not once have you actually taken the point ive made and formed an argument against it and when i explain my argument you dont even take those explanations and argue against them you just come up with another point that doesnt relate to my argumnent.

now can yopu explain how a ticketed pride which excludes those that it most needs to educate is like the black and womens rights movements that directly confronted peoples phobias or are you going to continue to run around in circles without an actual argument?

I have made it clear and also countered your argument on several occasions. See previous post for example.

If people have phobias then that's their problem, it's not for the gay community to sort out. I would recommend anyone with a phobia go and see a doctor. See, this is the sort crap they have to put up with. Also, there have been many gay marches on the streets, which were free for all, so what's your point.

Edited by Agent Orange

I have made it clear and also countered your argument on several occasions. See previous post for example[/Quote]

The thing is, you havent see this

Your last paragraph makes no sense. Sorry :)

My last paragraph was my argument against the post i originally responed to the very same response you chose to start this discussion over. the fact you think it makes no sense clearly shows you havent understood the point ive been trying to make.

why am i being obtuse again you still didnt answer?

---------- Post added 09-07-2013 at 19:07 ----------

If people have phobias then that's their problem, it's not for the gay community to sort out. I would recommend anyone with a phobia go and see a doctor. See, this is the sort crap they have to put up with. Also, there have been many gay marches on the streets, which were free for all, so what's your point.

I didn't say the gay community had to sort peoples phobias out, i was responded to a post which claimed pride had the same power of transformation as the black and womens rights movements....THAT POST made the claim that pride could change peoples minds and i argued against it on the sole basis that it lacked that power if it was a ticketed event with more emophasis on party than education those bigots in need of education and you argued against my argument.

once more you demonstrate that you have spent two days arguing with me over a point you clearly dont understand.

The thing is, you havent see this

My last paragraph was my argument against the post i originally responed to the very same response you chose to start this discussion over. the fact you think it makes no sense clearly shows you havent understood the point ive been trying to make.

why am i being obtuse again you still didnt answer?

---------- Post added 09-07-2013 at 19:07 ----------

I didn't say the gay community had to sort peoples phobias out, i was responded to a post which claimed pride had the same power of transformation as the black and womens rights movements....THAT POST made the claim that pride could change peoples minds and i argued against it on the sole basis that it lacked that power if it was a ticketed event with more emophasis on party than education those bigots in need of education and you argued against my argument.

once more you demonstrate that you have spent two days arguing with me over a point you clearly dont understand.

How about answering my previous questions, you seem to have avoided those. Thanks.

I would argue that Pride does have power, the fact that it's being attended across the UK by many people, and the fact that it's being discussed proves that and likelihood is awareness will come about from that. Like I said, there are many gay rights events, it's not exclusive to Pride, there are also marches and demos. In fact, gay rights has come a long way in such a short and relative period so you'd have to seriously convince me otherwise it has no power. The fact the gay community can be themselves in public and celebrate who they are is testament to the power of Pride.

It seems your issues lay at the door of ticketing and the festival aspect of it and you seem to be using a very odd point to back your issue. I suggest you write to the organisers if you feel so strongly about it. Failing that, there's nothing stopping you from creating your own festival, focusing on the issues that matter to you.

Edited by Agent Orange

How about answering my previous questions, you seem to have avoided those. Thanks[/Quote]

What questions? im not aware ive avoided any.

I would argue that Pride does have power, the fact that it's being attended across the UK by many people, and the fact that it's being discussed proves that and likelihood is awareness will come about from that. Like I said, there are many gay rights events, it's not exclusive to Pride, there are also marches and demos. In fact, gay rights has come a long way in such a short and relative period so you'd have to seriously convince me otherwise it has no power. The fact the gay community can be themselves in public and celebrate who they are is testament to the power of Pride[/Quote]

I havent argued pride doesnt have power ive argued that making it a ticketed event diminishes its ability to educate those who wouldnt normally attend such events where it being free and more accessable would give those people more opportunity for education. My argument was not about gay rights in general it was specific to a poster who claimed this years pride had the same power as....etc tec, for god knows how many times ive put this to you and your still missing the point.

It seems your issues lay at the door of paying and the festival aspect of it and you seem to be using a very odd point to back your beef.

I have no issue with paying for the festival aspect of it, as i have stated to you already the oonly reason i didn't attend myself this year was that i couldnt get time off work and will be going next year regardless of if i have to pay or not.

my issue is that by making it a ticketed event the education aspect of it isnt reaching those who are being educated and its as simple as that.

And the bickering can stop now please.

What questions? im not aware ive avoided any.

I havent argued pride doesnt have power ive argued that making it a ticketed event diminishes its ability to educate those who wouldnt normally attend such events where it being free and more accessable would give those people more opportunity for education. My argument was not about gay rights in general it was specific to a poster who claimed this years pride had the same power as....etc tec, for god knows how many times ive put this to you and your still missing the point.

I have no issue with paying for the festival aspect of it, as i have stated to you already the oonly reason i didn't attend myself this year was that i couldnt get time off work and will be going next year regardless of if i have to pay or not.

my issue is that by making it a ticketed event the education aspect of it isnt reaching those who are being educated and its as simple as that.

I suggest you scroll back and read my posts again, you might see the questions :)

Having a ticket does not automatically make an event less accessible. If people are prepared not to pay, there are other events and methods of being educated, as I have already pointed out. People do not have to go to Pride to be educated when there are other outlets and events to choose from.

Can you prove that the ticket policy has done what you said it has? Evidence would be nice.

I suggest you scroll back and read my posts again, you might see the questions :)[/Quote]

Id rather you point them out to be sure I get the right ones you see I think you're stalling here and trying to deflect from the fact that you know you actually have no argument

Having a ticket does not automatically make an event less accessible. If people are prepared not to pay, there are other events and methods of being educated, as I have already pointed out. People do not have to go to Pride to be educated when there are other outlets and events to choose from[/Quote]

Ive addressed this several times are you purposefully avoiding what I've said to point score or what? I was talking specifically about pride in response to a specific claim made by another user AND those people who need the education would not buy tickets to any event promoting homosexuality how many more times

Can you prove that the ticket policy has done what you said it has? Evidence would be nice.

In not convinced you know what my argument is to provide evidence for. Oh and you picked my post apart so the onus for evidence is on you but regardless of that only a complete imbecile would think that someone who hates gays would by a ticket to a gay pride event in order to be educated as that hatred comes from ignorance and the ignorant think they are right so see no need to be educated.

any evidence to the contrary or are you going to continue to argue against an argument you clearly can't grasp?

---------- Post added 09-07-2013 at 20:15 ----------

And the bickering can stop now please.

No were having a debate if you don't want us to debate don't operate an internet forum were not being offensive to anyone.

Id rather you point them out to be sure I get the right ones you see I think you're stalling here and trying to deflect from the fact that you know you actually have no argument

Ive addressed this several times are you purposefully avoiding what I've said to point score or what? I was talking specifically about pride in response to a specific claim made by another user AND those people who need the education would not buy tickets to any event promoting homosexuality how many more times

In not convinced you know what my argument is to provide evidence for. Oh and you picked my post apart so the onus for evidence is on you but regardless of that only a complete imbecile would think that someone who hates gays would by a ticket to a gay pride event in order to be educated as that hatred comes from ignorance and the ignorant think they are right so see no need to be educated.

any evidence to the contrary or are you going to continue to argue against an argument you clearly can't grasp?

Please read back through my previous posts. It's evident where the questions are.

I am not trying to point score, I am trying to make you see there are other events and awareness campaigns out there that are free and educational. I was merely saying, if someone wants the education, but does not want to pay to go to Pride, they have other options.

Promoting homosexuality. REALLY? I have heard it all now :help:

So, those who need educating; if they are not prepared to pay, what makes you think they would go if it was free?

You are the one making the claims about ticket prices and the detrimental effect it's having. It's down to you to back up your own claim when challenged about it :)

Edited by Agent Orange