Pride Sheffield today

So your comment was;

"Like I said, do what the hell you want but..

I think its how many people still feel and using terms such as
gay
solidarity, and challenge suggests that
gay
people are up for a fight and this is how it's seen

I think that there are more people against you than for you but political correctness prevents them from saying so.

Your own personal view is that it should be acceptable for
gay
people to not only do what they want but shout to the world that they're doing it, fine but just as important (in their eyes) is the need to not approve of what
gay
people do, but this is frowned upon. The argument has gone full circle and it's wrong to go public with disapproval, so in many ways they've won their battle so maybe it's time to retire."

So because you don't feel able to criticise people for being Gay in the current climate, you see this as a 'win' for Gay people and they should not promote their Gayness any longer in case it offends the homophobes who then decide to challenge the 'status quo'?

It is clear to me from threads like this that Gayness is only tolerated by a large minority because of legislation and the groundswell of support for Gay people.

Try swapping 'Black' for 'Gay' and see how it reads.

I always thought that rossi bloke looked gay.:hihi:

But they don't believe that they are wrong in the same way that homosexuals have been trying to convince the world that they aren't. So who is right or wrong?

Who's statement are you referring to?

Do you know how many different species demonstrate homosexual relationships? Can you answer without looking for a cheap joke? What is wrong? Who defines 'wrong'?

But they don't believe that they are wrong in the same way that homosexuals have been trying to convince the world that they aren't.

Yet again, descending into gibberish.

So who is right or wrong?

People who say that homosexuality is dirty and offensive are wrong.

Obviously.

I always thought that rossi bloke looked gay.:hihi:

Thanks for the injection of what you consider to be humour in to this thread. Now would you care to share an opinion or would that be a little too dangerous?

Thanks for the injection of what you consider to be humour in to this thread. Now would you care to share an opinion or would that be a little too dangerous?

Ahh lighten up.

So your comment was;

"Like I said, do what the hell you want but..

I think its how many people still feel and using terms such as
gay
solidarity, and challenge suggests that
gay
people are up for a fight and this is how it's seen

I think that there are more people against you than for you but political correctness prevents them from saying so.

Your own personal view is that it should be acceptable for
gay
people to not only do what they want but shout to the world that they're doing it, fine but just as important (in their eyes) is the need to not approve of what
gay
people do, but this is frowned upon. The argument has gone full circle and it's wrong to go public with disapproval, so in many ways they've won their battle so maybe it's time to retire."

So because you don't feel able to criticise people for being Gay in the current climate, you see this as a 'win' for Gay people and they should not promote their Gayness any longer in case it offends the homophobes who then decide to challenge the 'status quo'?

It is clear to me from threads like this that Gayness is only tolerated by a large minority because of legislation and the groundswell of support for Gay people.

Try swapping 'Black' for 'Gay' and see how it reads.

Firstly we're not talking about me, it's an observation from listening to others and maybe i've got it wrong :)

Secondly, yes i see it as a win, a shallow one but a win.

---------- Post added 07-07-2013 at 23:33 ----------

Yet again, descending into gibberish.

People who say that homosexuality is dirty and offensive are wrong.

Obviously.

What is wrong with you that anything you cannot follow is gibberish.

What is wrong with you that anything you cannot follow is gibberish.

The very nature of being unable to follow it, makes it gibberish. Don't blame me for not understanding your garbled language. Make your point clear.

The very nature of being unable to follow it, makes it gibberish. Don't blame me for not understanding your garbled language. Make your point clear.

I understood it all perfectly.:D

I understood it all perfectly.:D

Well done. You should join a mutual appreciation society.

;)

Well done. You should join a mutual appreciation society.

;)

What do you mean?:huh:

Alternatively it could mean that you're of below average intelligence :)