UKIP - the real Tory party, just 1% behind official Tories

Thanks for that anarchist, It seems the main difference between Survation methods and the other polling firms, is that they include Ukip in their main prompt, which is of course how it will be in a General Election situation. Ukip voters tend to be old former Tory voters who perhaps forget about them unless prompted.

Do you think the Cons would be better off with a true Tory like Farage as leader?

No. The main difference is that people have to sign up to take part in Survation surveys. That means the results of their surveys are not representative of the whole population.

The Tories now know they have no chance of winning next election. They will be fighting even to come second because You Kipp will split their vote.

Someone from Labour was recently asked if Labour would go into coalition with LibDems. She said there would be no point because after next election Libdems wouldn't have enough MPs to make it worthwhile.

Yes, it would be great if Labour can win on their own and the LibDems are left with just a few MP's and a party that has no reason to exist.

---------- Post added 06-07-2013 at 12:18 ----------

No. The main difference is that people have to sign up to take part in Survation surveys. That means the results of their surveys are not representative of the whole population.

If you're trying to find a poll that shows a high Lib-Dem % you will be looking for a long time, their share of the vote is usually between 7 and 11%.

If you're trying to find a poll that shows a high Lib-Dem % you will be looking for a long time, their share of the vote is usually between 7 and 11%.

No I'm not. I'm just pointing out that this survey's methodology is flawed and is unlikely to produce reliable results. For all I know the LibDems[1] might have encouraged their members to sign up to Survation and the survey over-represents their support.

[1] Or UKIP, or any of the other parties.

No I'm not. I'm just pointing out that this survey's methodology is flawed and is unlikely to produce reliable results. For all I know the LibDems[1] might have encouraged their members to sign up to Survation and the survey over-represents their support.

[1] Or UKIP, or any of the other parties.

I don't think even if all the remaining Lib-Dem members signed-up, It would distort the poll!;)

Having not read all the threads on this subject, because New Liebour, CONservative and LIBDammed are all as bad as each other and I abhor all three, Nige & UKIP will be getting my vote in two years time. Could they be any worse than the current bunch of Parasites that inhabit Westminster..

Angel.

Will this mean an end to the incessant NuLabia trolling on SF?

After all, if you've already got the next election in the bag, might as well put your feet up for the next 2 years.

The trolling from the right is much worse IMO.

Having not read all the threads on this subject, because New Liebour, CONservative and LIBDammed are all as bad as each other and I abhor all three, Nige & UKIP will be getting my vote in two years time. Could they be any worse than the current bunch of Parasites that inhabit Westminster..

Angel.

Nail on head. Nige and UKIP are doing really well because nobody trusts any of the main parties. I am traditionally Labour, but despise what their last admin did to our country, I cannot vote for a party run by Bullingdon club boys either. The Liberals would get into bed with the devil for a few moments of power and are finished.

I have never voted UKIP before, but shall be doing. The rest of my family were Liberals or Labour, they will vote UKIP too in the next general elections:)

Edited by Itinerary

I will be voting UKIP at the next general election. They are the only party that is prepared to do what is right for the people of Britain.

Nail on head. Nige and UKIP are doing really well because nobody trusts any of the main parties. I am traditionally Labour, but despise what their last admin did to our country, I cannot vote for a party run by Bullingdon club boys either. The Liberals would get into bed with the devil for a few moments of power and are finished.

I have never voted UKIP before, but shall be doing. The rest of my family were Liberals or Labour, they will vote UKIP too in the next general elections:)

I think that this sort of thing might happen. You aren't voting for ukip because they're ukip you're voting for them because they aren't the other lot. How far that gets I don't know. I suspect nick clegg was hoping for the same sort of thing in the last election.

Angel.

No worse than the lot who screwed up the economy or the lot struggling to sort out the mess.

Incredible to think as well that with this level of support UKIP may STILL not gain any MPs!

No matter what people think of them, surely they would view a party having 20% vote share and no representation in Parliament as being an affront to democracy?!

I just hope eventually that the cosy arrangement of Labour and the Tories (with help from the Lib Dems) continually swapping places in power comes to an end.

The 3 main parties need a big kick up the arse. They stand for nothing but themselves and show a contempt for democracy with their overall support of the EU project, no matter how badly this very arrangement is going at the moment.

If someone is against the EU it does not mean they are against Europe! It's the exact opposite actually. The EU is damaging countries throughout the continent. Economic conditions in many are dreadful - look at Greece, Spain, Portugal, etc.

If you are a fan of Europe and the people who love within it I would argue it is right that you want the EU empire to collapse. It is totally different to what was conceived and what the UK voted for in the 1970s. I can imagine no-one back then when putting a cross on the Yes box, thinking the EU would gain so much control over the member state's politics, and the economic and social framework of these same member states.

I can't see how leaving it would hurt our trade with them either. Don't we sell more to them then they do to us? Plus other countries outside the EU have no difficulty in trading with the EU.

It's just another bloated institution that's got too big for its boots and UKIP have been right all along to challenge it. You know the other parties don't care about the ever encroaching powers that affect us.

As a traditional Labour voter what do you think of UKIP's plans for a flat tax - which will result in the rich paying a lower proportion of the tax take than they do now - with a corresponding increase for lower paid workers?

What about their spending plans that will result in increasing the annual deficit by £120 billion (which means doubling it)?

---------- Post added 06-07-2013 at 19:44 ----------

Incredible to think as well that with this level of support UKIP may STILL not gain any MPs!

No matter what people think of them, surely they would view a party having 20% vote share and no representation in Parliament as being an affront to democracy?!

Did you vote for or against the proposed change to our electoral system in the referendum we had earlier in this parliament?