UKIP - the real Tory party, just 1% behind official Tories

Wasn't there a world-wide economic boom before the world-wide economic crunch?

Wasn't there a world-wide economic boom before the world-wide economic crunch?

I don't think anybody is disputing that there was.

Sorry , is it just me , but what is this thread about exactly ?

If it's now become a free-for-all , which seems to have become the case , can I just add me tuppence-worth and say that whenever I see Tony Blair on tv I want to throw something at the screen , thought the bugger was sorting out the Middle East , Labour must feel they're in real deep water if they're resorting to touting "Britain's Most Wanted" as a solution to their current problems ! Hands up any Tony Bliar fans out there ?

You Tories have never been keen on the truth!;)

Wasnt it Labour that invented the word spin? They are all full of crap but the Tories alot less than Labour.

I really hope that they never ever get to ruin the little of the country thats left!

MR Bliar and Brown signed away all our rights hoping that Bliar was giving himself the powers in his next job but it didnt work out that way for the sucker did it?

Even so none of that matters now............

Sorry , is it just me , but what is this thread about exactly ?

If it's now become a free-for-all , which seems to have become the case , can I just add me tuppence-worth and say that whenever I see Tony Blair on tv I want to throw something at the screen , thought the bugger was sorting out the Middle East , Labour must feel they're in real deep water if they're resorting to touting "Britain's Most Wanted" as a solution to their current problems ! Hands up any Tony Bliar fans out there ?

The thread is essentially about how many people usually ex Tory or far-right sympathisers, now support Ukip and it's effect on Tory support, though I don't deny Labour has lost a bit of support to the Ukip loons, it is the right-wing parties which have suffered while Ukip have prospered.

Wednesday1 , thankyou for bringing this post back on-topic , for that I will , for once, forgive you for the use of the word "loon" ...........but only once:hihi:

Wednesday1 , thankyou for bringing this post back on-topic , for that I will , for once, forgive you for the use of the word "loon" ...........but only once:hihi:

Wow muchas gracias!:hihi:

The thread is essentially about how many people usually ex Tory or far-right sympathisers, now support Ukip and it's effect on Tory support, though I don't deny Labour has lost a bit of support to the Ukip loons, it is the right-wing parties which have suffered while Ukip have prospered.

What you and others fail to realise, is that as a political thermometer, the success of UKIP, both in poaching members from other parties, and storming ahead in elections, shows the nation as a whole is shifting to the right.

I know you don't like to admit it, because to do so is to admit that people are deserting your left wing ideology.

I don't think anybody is disputing that there was.

So how can Labour be responsible for the boom years but not responsible for the downturn, since both were global?

What you and others fail to realise, is that as a political thermometer, the success of UKIP, both in poaching members from other parties, and storming ahead in elections, shows the nation as a whole is shifting to the right.

I know you don't like to admit it, because to do so is to admit that people are deserting your left wing ideology.

This move to the right you're talking about is I think a temporary situation. Even if you conbine Ukip/Tory/BNP support this does only amounts to around low to mid 40's in%. I think that there will be a backlash at some point in this country as the inequalities between the wealthy and the rest continue to grow and the Bankers etc who fuelled the boom which lead to the credit crunch go unpunished.

There is no mainstream left-wing ideology. The three main parties are almost bang in the centre. The left wing of the Labour party has been neutered. The Tory left is dead, its giants like Heseltine, Patten, Young and Clarke marginalised with no successors. The LibDem lefti-ness shown to be a sham. The right wing of the Tory party is shrill, childish and irrelevant. UKIP won't win many if any seats at the general election.

All you got is a mainstream (neo) liberal politics essentially anchored almost bang in the centre.