The link between cancer and eating meat

There is increasing evidence that there is a link between cancer and eating meat. I have contacted Jeremy Hunt to ask why he is not informing the public about these dangers but as you would expect received no reply. The only conclusion we can come to is that he doesn't want to upset Tories friends the National Farmers Union. Have a good look at the evidence in this link and decide if government should be warning people about this threat:

http://www.wcrf-uk.org/cancer_prevention/recommendations/meat_and_cancer.php

There is increasing evidence that there is a link between cancer and eating meat. I have contacted Jeremy Hunt to ask why he is not informing the public about these dangers but as you would expect received no reply. The only conclusion we can come to is that he doesn't want to upset Tories friends the National Farmers Union. Have a good look at the evidence in this link and decide if government should be warning people about this threat:

Hardly conclusive. With respect, Jeremy probably thought you were bonkers, especially if you were spouting stuff about this and his affiliation with the farmers.

If we stopped eating, drinking and doing everything we read about life would be very boring!!! Everything in moderation with the odd 'drinking session' and 'all you can eat buffet' and 'extreme sport' thrown in!!!

No body gives a toss.

More extremist vegan scare mongering.

The milliner just rang, your tin foil hat is in stock.

At some stage cancer has been linked to just about everything you come in to contact with and even things you don't come in to contact with.

Most of it depends on who is sponsoring the research and how in depth it is.

Sod it, I'll smoke, drink, eat meat, do everything that I enjoy and take the risk!

Incorrect, there is a link between cancer and excessive red meat intake, which is a completely different thing to what your preaching.

I can find some cancers where the risk is higher if you eat meat, and some which are higher for people that don't eat meat. Best thing you can do is eat both in moderation, as we are designed to do, instead of starving your body of important nutrients

Even the link itself says it may not be meat itself that causes cancer but the fact that meat eaters eat less plant-based food. Or it may be the processing rather than the meat itself.

Also, it isn't "meat", it is "red meat".

Anyway, your contention that it is Jeremy Hunts job is erroneous on a very basic level, since he is not responsible for public health.

RED meat is full of poisons, our intestines are longer than proper carnivores, they have shorter ones which get the poisons out quicker

Incorrect, there is a link between cancer and excessive red meat intake, which is a completely different thing to what your preaching.

I can find some cancers where the risk is higher if you eat meat, and some which are higher for people that don't eat meat. Best thing you can do is eat both in moderation, as we are designed to do, instead of starving your body of important nutrients

theres no nutrients in meat you cant get in alternative ways, even B12 which is normally missing can be got from my mate marmite ;)

My granddad ate meat for breakfast, lunch and tea all his life.