New B&M and Hillsborough shopping

Actually, there is a free public loo in the interchange, it has baby changing facilities and disabled access

So if I'm desperate for the loo and in the main precinct and shopping centre...why on earth would I go up to the exchange lol it would be quicker to get in the car and go home...or more to the point shop where there are a good mix of shops and all facilities!

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quotes

So if I'm desperate for the loo and in the main precinct and shopping centre...why on earth would I go up to the exchange lol it would be quicker to get in the car and go home...or more to the point shop where there are a good mix of shops and all facilities!

Of course it would be much better if there was a loo in the precinct, but I don't think we're going to get one. People coming via the bus or tram might find the one in the interchange useful. Its only a few mins from Hills corner.

---------- Post added 07-07-2013 at 06:06 ----------

What do you reckon to it though, worth a visit ?

Depends what you want to buy. The mix is quite vast and includes garden furniture; wallpaper and paint; household; groceries/bread and milk (no skimmed so I had to go elsewhere); soft furnishings; toiletries - and loads more. The layout is quite confusing, I prefer the size of Home Bargains or Wilkinsons.

Of course it would be much better if there was a loo in the precinct, but I don't think we're going to get one. People coming via the bus or tram might find the one in the interchange useful. Its only a few mins from Hills corner.

---------- Post added 07-07-2013 at 06:06 ----------

Depends what you want to buy. The mix is quite vast and includes garden furniture; wallpaper and paint; household; groceries/bread and milk (no skimmed so I had to go elsewhere); soft furnishings; toiletries - and loads more. The layout is quite confusing, I prefer the size of Home Bargains or Wilkinsons.

I have lived here all my 48 yrs...I have never seen Hillsborough in such a dismal, desperate state.

I will probably nip down today and have a look at B&M...the only problem I have about all this is Hillsborough is never ever going to prosper as a great shopping centre (as it always used to be)!

B&M - Home Bargains and Wilkinsons sell pretty much the same things...slight price variations probably...so why is Hillsborough in need of more of the same?

No Independent businesses will take the chance of opening nice quality shops in such a run down area as it is now...when the more affluent will get in there cars and go spend in areas that can supply to their needs!

My Nan used to shop in Hillsborough everyday...she knew all the traders...everyone was friendly and genuine...there was healthy competition but it wasn't dog eat dog as there was plenty of footfall to serve the shops.

Edited by loxleylovely

As said by loxleylovely, no independent businesses will take the chance of opening in Hillsborough because they cant afford the rent and rates, that is why so many open and close within a short period. Only the big multi nationals can afford the cost.

Well I have been to see what B&M has to offer...they have managed to cram a lot of sh**e under one roof!

What a strange shop...I have used the one at the retail park and found that much better.

The layout is very strange and a real mishmash...no aircon...maybe (hopefully) just teething problems.

i popped into B & M yesterday for some milk and charcoal - couldn't believe how big it seems compared to the Co-Op & Burtons/Dot Perkins it replaced

The layout is a bit confusing and it took a while for me to find what i wanted and find my way back out again, so i'll be taking a ball of string next time - and you'd think a newly fitted shop would have some working aircon these days - but it was clean and bright and the staff were helpful

Does the car park belong to B&M and will it be re-opening?

Yes, carpark belongs to B&M, and from what I've heard only B&M customer can use it, doesnt look like you can shop elsewhere after

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Been in a couple of times since the weekend, and do like whats on offer. Layout is a little confusing at first, but I knew what I wanted and managed to head straight to it the last visit. Air con def needs fixing - heard other customers complaining how hot it was and asked a staff member if air con was working, and apparently it is, but they also said it didnt feel like it was on at all, so who knows. Was glad to get outside again!

Yes, carpark belongs to B&M, and from what I've heard only B&M customer can use it, doesnt look like you can shop elsewhere after

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

and rightfully so.

Isn't B&M owned by the same people as Home Bargains? If that's the case I just wonder whether B&M opening up spells the death knell for Home Bargains in the precinct.

I went in today and got lost on the way out! :-0

The stairs that you could go up when it was the co-op are now closed off so only one entrance/exit which is a good thing for preventing shoplifters I suppose.

The heat in there was bad with a big fan in the corner of the shop that did little to cool it down in there.....I did ask a member of staff and they did say that air con is getting fitted at some point in the future(probably when it starts to snow)

Good shop,managed to get everything I wanted in the one shop when usually I would of visited 2 (home bargains & wilkos) I do wonder what it's going to do to trade with the other shops though :-/