New B&M and Hillsborough shopping

Totally agree with Chelle-82. These big corporate retailers may be many things, but they aren't stupid. They do their research thoroughly. If the likes of Waitrose or Marks & Spencer.... or even really expensive retail emporiums like, say, Jimmy Choo or Abercrombie & Fitch, thought that there was well-paying custom to be had in Hillsborough, do you not think that they'd all be flocking to open outlets there?? Shops open where they think they are going to get customers in through the doors - it's as simple as that! I was was born and brought up in Wadsley, so Hillsborough is where you go to do most of your shopping. It's far, far from perfect, I admit, but I think there must be far, far worse places than Hillsborough to have as your nearest shopping area.

There's a big difference between a slightly upmarket supermarket and an overpriced shoe shop. AFAIK there isn't even a JC shop in Sheffield at all, so putting one in a satellite retail area would be very odd.

Hillsborough is quite expensive for houses and renting so why is the shopping so downmarket?

Check the B&M Hillsborough thread, there was a lot of debate on this in there.

It's because the shops are open mostly Mon-Friday, 9-5. Most locals are at work, not shopping.

The schools are pretty shoddy so families where Mums can afford to be at home or lunching in the day move to more affluent areas. Hence S11 supports more of these sorts of shops.

The tram means it's easy for locals to travel to town for shopping, eating out entertainment etc. It also restricts passing trade for independent retailers.

There are other reasons I'm sure.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Its like a sauna in the post office queue,way hotter than outside.

Its like a sauna in the post office queue,way hotter than outside.

Went in on Monday they had a huge hired fan just moving the hot air around total waste of electricity, we didn't stay long it was unbearable.

As others have said the heat in there is atrocious, when I went in last week people were literally doing a u turn at the entrance and walking straight back out, people were dripping with sweat. Other than that I enjoyed the shop, it's huge and well stocked, although there is some odd checkout placement.

im still boycotting it

but ive heard its liek a maze, packed with very tall shelves to the ceiling, dark and full of bargains but you cant find your way around.

I heard one lass went in for milk and ended up with a mini golf set, for this reason i'm sticking to my boycott.

Why are you boycotting it?