Old teachers at Rolo [Rowlinson] school

Hello Jonellis. Don't know if it's the correct years. but this Saturday night 3rd May. There is a Rowlinson re-union at Bar 27, Boston Street Sheffield. I can't make this one but the years who usually attend are anybody from leaving in 1973 up to around 1980. The organiser is Beverley Rishworth who's email. is [email protected]. Knowing Bev I'm sure she could pass the word around about anyone knowing or remembering your Father. good luck.

This is really helpful Vistas. I've contacted Bev and she is going to help me spread the word. Enjoy your weekend!

Sorry to revive this old thread. But I live in the south now and, I could swear that I saw that typing teacher (Mrs Croft?/Garman?) with the shortish  dark hair and large posterior?

Possibly not as even back in the early 80's she would have been middle-aged?

On 04/07/2013 at 23:08, taylorspye said:

There are certain teachers who I would physically assault if I ever met them today, no matter how old or infirm they are, don,t forget that they assaulted us when we were vulnerable! and number one is the so called killer Holmes, what a complete ass hole, he used to beat you for no reason at all, except for his own perverted enjoyment. one wonders why some off us did not make progress at school and such as he were the reason, he and such like him should be ashamed of them selves, if they were teaching today, they would been prosecuted long ago. This cretin so-called taught at Wisewood school back in the 60s.

It obviously seems to be a trait of Rowlinson. I was there in 1955 to 1960. And there was a little "B" called (Todge) Askam. He would be prosecuted today for his cruelty. I think he was a Geography teacher, plus  assistant head master. The Head Master the was C V Kay who was also a sadistic SOB but not quite as bad as Askam.

They have clearly left their Psychological marks on people including myself.

only went to Rowlinson for a couple of years 1959- 71 really enjoyed my time there had Kay for maths and Askam for geography never found either of them to be excesive. thought Kay was a very fair Principal, only got the slipper once from Ransom the sports teacher and in hinesight Probably deserved it, compared to the previous 2 high schools I went to I thought Rowlinson was brilliant at the time but times and punishment have changed.