Old teachers at Rolo [Rowlinson] school

I left Rolo in the early 80's, and often think about some of the old teachers:-

Seaton (tall nasty bald guy "free with his hands" with teen girls around :gag:),

Kinsey (short Physics guy, long hair, in that same old baggy suit)

Anderson (great guy- red haired disabled Biology teacher)

'Killer' Holmes (Art teacher, with a rep! Lol)

Miss Clark (fit cockney French teacher with a lovely derriere)

Reddish (R.E Teacher, tweed jacket, brown crimps and sandals! Lol Breath?)

Miss Frolisch (Art teacher, way out there, man, but lovely and kind)

Chaz Wood (Maths? Very hippy-lefty, Lennon specs!)

Mr Dixon (Head- lovely and soft, got an OBE I think?)

How many of the teachers from this era, retired long since perhaps, are even still with us? Does anyone see any, they must be, like, 245?

I once heard that Jan Stokes (PE teacher) and his mistress/wife, Miss Hamblyn/Mrs Pickering (English teacher) both died over a decade or so back?

There are certain teachers who I would physically assault if I ever met them today, no matter how old or infirm they are, don,t forget that they assaulted us when we were vulnerable! and number one is the so called killer Holmes, what a complete ass hole, he used to beat you for no reason at all, except for his own perverted enjoyment. one wonders why some off us did not make progress at school and such as he were the reason, he and such like him should be ashamed of them selves, if they were teaching today, they would been prosecuted long ago. This cretin so-called taught at Wisewood school back in the 60s.

I had a similar experience at my junior & infants school, taylorspy. I was regularly beaten with slippers, stool ball bats & canes. I was slapped, punched, had my hair pulled & humiliated in front of the class. The teacher was ex army & a psycopath...I was only 10yrs old...

Seaton was one in case, arrogant smug git, he'd be arrested these days if his hands wandered with teenage girls about!

We aught to get a vigilante group together and go looking for these cretins, we could arm ourselves with size 14 slippers and thick bamboo canes, be nice to see their eyes fill up with tears of pain, they must be found! ( sorry I must have been watching too many Mossad documentaries)

We aught to get a vigilante group together and go looking for these cretins, we could arm ourselves with size 14 slippers and thick bamboo canes, be nice to see their eyes fill up with tears of pain, they must be found! ( sorry I must have been watching too many Mossad documentaries)

As I posted above, many will either be old aged pensioners, or pushing up the daisies?

I was at Meadowhead and Mr Seaton was my form tutor!! He was a horrible bloke. I heard after I left he was sacked for those said hands (allegedly)

was caned by Mr A Burke, slippered by Mr Sanderson, did nothing for me but still remember thinking no matter wot i had done this was not right .Also had the slap on the back from Mr stokes for not having the right PE kit .The were supposed to be happy days:loopy:

Killer Holmes was there in 1969 when I left. A friendlier psychopath you could never wish to have a smoke with down the bottom of the sports field.

We also had a PE teacher called Keith Ibbotson among other not so pleasant names. His favourite punishment was the battington bat applied in the nether regions. The famous Shipley, Known for his quads, was a sideburn puller and he would lift you from your seat by your sidelocks. The head, C V Kay hardly ever dished out the stick, he would always delegate that perk to Askham who gave 6 on each hand. On the very rare occasions that Kay did perform the ritual beating, it was across the backside. Those were the only times that I got anything positive from those little blue exercise books, 3 of them anyway.

I was there from 80 to 85.

Mrs Pickering was my form tutor - very Farah Fawcett.

Rocker Reddish for RE.

Mr Ibbotson for Geography then Mrs Priest then Trog Borman

Steve Fowler for maths then Miss Thorpe then Steve Fowler again.

Miss Dent for general science.

Miss Samuels for Chemistry.

Mr Kinsey for Physics - smoke stained glasses but seemed a nice bloke.

Mr Hurst for metalwork then Mr Dobson then Hurst again.

Psyco Parnham for Design Technology - sometimes violent.

Mr Bains for swimming.

Rick Wakefield for games.

Jan Stokes for games and staring at boys in the showers...

Mr Holmes (Honeymonster) for Europian Language Studies.

Miss Clarke for French.

Mr Marshall for woodwork - hateful bloke.

Uncle Remus for Woodwork.

Smiler Dixon as Headmaster.

Dave Dawson for Drama.

Mr Sanderson for music.

Hi All,

Was anyone on here taught Science by Dr/Mr David Ellis in the late 70's?

To jog your memory he was a Blades fan and was mad about rock climbing.

He would have been a young teacher then as Rowlinson was his first school out of Leeds Uni.

He is retiring this year after almost 40 years in teaching and we (his kids) are trying to get in touch with old teachers/students.

Rowlinson is proving tricky as it was a long time ago.