Unite found guilty of entryism in Falkirk West

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2013/06/26/unite-found-guilty-of-entryism-in-falkirk-west-but-who-within-labour-was-complicit/

Unite found guilty of entryism in Falkirk West, but who within Labour was complicit?

by Atul Hatwal

Yesterday evening, as politicians and the media prepared for today’s debate on the spending review, Labour’s press office found the ideal time to bury some bad news.

The result of the NEC inquiry into the Falkirk West parliamentary selection was finally announced.

The party has decided that the surge in Unite members joining the local party was sufficiently suspicious to warrant action.

Falkirk West CLP has been placed in “special measures” and members who joined the party after March 12th last year (the date Eric Joyce MP announced he would be stepping down) will now not be eligible to participate in the parliamentary candidate selection, which rules out the new Unite caucus.

Effectively, the party has found Unite guilty of entryism.

It’s a major decision to accuse Labour’s biggest donor of packing a constituency with ringers and trying to subvert a parliamentary selection, but one that was inescapable given the facts.

Uncut understands that in the last three months of 2012, the membership of Falkirk West CLP increased by over half – from 200 members, it grew by 130 to 330.

These weren’t members attracted by the magic of Arnie Graf’s community organising, or an inspirational Ed Miliband speech.

They were shipped in, en masse, by Unite.

Oh dear oh dear. This looks like ballot stuffing at its crudest.

Election rigging. Are you surprised?

Yep, I heard some Labour shadow minister try to say its perfectly acceptable for UNITE to ask people to join their organisation for free to get their vote.

I cannot think of a worse perversion of the democratic system to be honest and the fact Labour saw no issue with it, shows they are either complicit or they are being controlled by UNITE.

I suppose the question should be asked, would people be happy for one huge company to be in control of the Tory party?

Yep, I heard some Labour shadow minister try to say its perfectly acceptable for UNITE to ask people to join their organisation for free to get their vote.

I cannot think of a worse perversion of the democratic system to be honest and the fact Labour saw no issue with it, shows they are either complicit or they are being controlled by UNITE.

I suppose the question should be asked, would people be happy for one huge company to be in control of the Tory party?

You only need ask who is the largest contributor to the Labour Party?

UNITE.

Given they placed the Falkirk West CLP in special measures and have stopped recent joiners from helping to decide the next candidate it's unfair to say 'Labour saw no issue with it'.

Given they placed the Falkirk West CLP in special measures and have stopped recent joiners from helping to decide the next candidate it's unfair to say 'Labour saw no issue with it'.

Shhh, let them have their ill conceived rant in peace.

Agreed.

Even millibean realises if you make it blatant that a vote for Labour is a vote for the communist unions then people, even lifelong labour voters, might start to think for themselves.

He can't have that, and he still needs his masters money, so cross face, folded arms, special measures...some mugs might fall for it.

Shhh, let them have their ill conceived rant in peace.

I think Unite trying to influence the selection of Labour MPs is an issue - the last thing Labour needs is people having an excuse to yell "Look the Militant Tendancy are back". I just think it unfair to claim they don't see it as a problem.

I've long said that Unite are corrupt. Time after time I've been lambasted by those around me for that opinion. Seems I was right all along.

I've long said that Unite are corrupt. Time after time I've been lambasted by those around me for that opinion. Seems I was right all along.

There is an awful lot of corruption out there. On the left and on the right. In public office and in private office.

I don't think that it is helpful to view one as worse than the other. All of our institutions are riddled with it.

It is like the last days of Rome...

It is like the last days of Rome...

Last time I looked Rome was still on the map as the capital of Italy :cool:

This thread really isn't about UNITE is it?