Channel 4 fuelling the flames??

It's only the usual suspect though, and generally it's best to ignore them as the paranoids they are.

The way they behave you'd think that Islam is an infectious disease and just being in the same room as someone speaking Arabic is enough to cause a sudden and violent death.

depends if hes wearing his suicide vest :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I remember the British Airways farce with the check-in agent (i think) who was advised not to wear her cross that she had on a necklace. :rant:

You mean the Check-in clerk who refused to comply with the British Airways' uniform rule of "no JEWELLERY".

Please keep up with the game. That story was 2006.

---------- Post added 02-07-2013 at 18:50 ----------

But honestly AdamSmith do you really feel that the UK is being 'Islamified'? I can't say my life has been in anyway affected by Islam negatively. I can't think of a Muslim who's tried to convert me to Islam or insisted that I live a certain way in accordance with how he lives his life..the same can't be said for Jehovah's Witnesses!

As Ive I said before, if there was even a whiff of me having to live under sharia law or Muslims imposing Islamic doctrine on parliament then I'd be the first in jackboots and polishing off my blunderbuss..make no mistake about that.

Blunderbuss? Couldn't one of us lend you our Muslamic ray-gun?

An act of stupidity from Channel 4. As if Muslims haven't enough to cope with without them being patronized and more bad feeling stirred up...

An act of stupidity from Channel 4. As if Muslims haven't enough to cope with without them being patronized and more bad feeling stirred up...

Do the BBC's broadcasts of Songs of Praise patronise and stir up bad feelings against Christians?

Do the BBC's broadcasts of Songs of Praise patronise and stir up bad feelings against Christians?

Can't see it going down too well in Islamabad.

Can't see it going down too well in Islamabad.

last time i looked we werent in islamabad :suspect:

I wouldn't feel it would. But Christians, in a Christian country, wouldn't. If we were talking about, Iran, for example or any other Muslim country and All Things Bright And Beautiful was played every morning, there my be a bit of a stir, don't you agree?

I wouldn't feel it would. But Christians, in a Christian country, wouldn't. If we were talking about, Iran, for example or any other Muslim country and All Things Bright And Beautiful was played every morning, there my be a bit of a stir, don't you agree?

britain hasnt been a christian country as such for a long time now, do you go to church often? or just funerals and weddings? i know i dont

last time i looked we werent in islamabad :suspect:

I think you missed the point there, which was, playing Songs Of Praise in a Muslim country would cause much more of a stir amongst the corn flakes of a morn, than the call to prayer here.

The world would be a much better place without any religion.

---------- Post added 02-07-2013 at 20:00 ----------

britain hasnt been a christian country as such for a long time now, do you go to church often? or just funerals and weddings? i know i dont

This is a Christian country. You may not like it but it is. It was built on Christian principles. I don't go to church, I'm none religious but I have Christian principles.

I think you missed the point there, which was, playing Songs Of Praise in a Muslim country would cause much more of a stir amongst the corn flakes of a morn, than the call to prayer here.

---------- Post added 02-07-2013 at 20:00 ----------

This is a Christian country. You may not like it but it is. It was built on Christian principles. I don't go to church, I'm none religious but I have Christian principles.

in other words

in a thread about a tv programme on a tv station in this country you want to talk about IF one was shown in a completely different country

and

you want to talk about a religion in this country that barely anybody actually practises anymore purely to "pretend" that a show featuring a different religion should not be shown?

ah i see :suspect:

I wasn't suggesting broadcasting Songs of Praise in a Muslim country, I was refering to it's current broadcasts in this country.

Probably not. The vast majority of religious followers use their religion for good. On the other hand, the world would be a much better place without people wanting to kill people who don't agree with their interpretation of religion (which includes those who have no religion)

Actual Christians are a minority in this country. Likewise with Muslims. If broadcasting a religious programme aimed at one minority group will cause that religion to suffer, why isn't it the case with all religions? I would suggest the only people having any problem with this are those who are afraid of Islam, not those who actually follow the religion.

It's Channel 4 for goodness sake.

Just how many right wing boneheads even watch it?