Channel 4 fuelling the flames??

Are channel 4 trying to stir up racial tensions in this country?? Seems so by the plan to screen a muslim call to prayer every day during Ramadan !!! Totally mad and suspect :gag::suspect:

Are channel 4 trying to stir up racial tensions in this country?? Seems so by the plan to screen a muslim call to prayer every day during Ramadan !!! Totally mad and suspect :gag::suspect:

I think the UKIP spokesman got it about right when he described it as a "cynical PR stunt".

Channel 4 is well known for it's sensational offerings and Ralph Lee (its head) has form as the former commissioning editor of most of it.

I'll wait to see what the advertisers have to say to him before believing this will actually take place.

I pretty much agree with your views BF.

I can't see what benefit it will bring to the Muslim community, and it may well antagonise others.

I guess the extremists and radical Muslims are rubbing their hands with glee and chalking up another hammer blow to the wedge that will destroy this country !

Stupid, leftie pc idiots thinking they are being "right on" and "down wi da minorities innit"

Thankfully man invented the remote control so i wont be watching it.

It is interesting to note that there was a group of Muslims found in London in 1641 and they have been here ever since, this is not a new thing. It is claimed that even Edward the son of Lady Mary Wortley Montagu, the lot from up the road, converted to the faith.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/history/uk_1.shtml

Stupid, leftie pc idiots thinking they are being "right on" and "down wi da minorities innit"

Totally agree and nor will I watch but that's not the

Point this is just another way of the left

Pandering to the minorities which incidentally are getting to be less of a minority !

Absolutely nothing to do with 'leftie pc idiots' or being 'right on', Channel 4 aren't intending to provide a public service, it's about attracting publicity in a slow news week.

---------- Post added 02-07-2013 at 10:22 ----------

Pandering to the minorities which incidentally are getting to be less of a minority !

Well since there's no group of minorities that have asked for this, it's hard to imagine they're pandering to them. Do you know how corporate PR works? There really is no such thing as 'bad' news.

It is interesting to note that there was a group of Muslims found in London in 1641 and they have been here ever since, this is not a new thing. It is claimed that even Edward the son of Lady Mary Wortley Montagu, the lot from up the road, converted to the faith.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/history/uk_1.shtml

And your point is ?????

Totally agree and nor will I watch but that's not the

Point this is just another way of the left

What has this got anything to do with "the left"?

As BF said, it's just cynical and sensationalist publicity seeking.

I see nothing in Channel 4's plans about securing for the workers by hand or by brain the full fruits of their industry and most equitable distribution thereof.

I guess the extremists and radical Muslims are rubbing their hands with glee and chalking up another hammer blow to the wedge that will destroy this country !

I don't think the country will be 'destroyed' by Channel 4 making this pronouncement, I thought British folk were made of sterner stuff.

Absolutely nothing to do with 'leftie pc idiots' or being 'right on', Channel 4 aren't intending to provide a public service, it's about attracting publicity in a slow news week.

---------- Post added 02-07-2013 at 10:22 ----------

Well since there's no group of minorities that have asked for this, it's hard to imagine they're pandering to them. Do you know how corporate PR works? There really is no such thing as 'bad' news.

Yes I fully understand the corporate publicity thanks "all news is good publicity" but this is so totally cynical and designed to cause the outrage ? Not really what we need in these recent times ?