Moving from one area to another in Rotherham

Just wondering about those people who are moving homes in Rotherham but are also moving to a different area of Rotherham....where are you moving from, and where to? Any reason why?

I moved from Oughti bridge 26 yrs ago to Wickersley area of Rotherham and it was the best move I ever made ,its clean has all the ammenities like Doctors, supermarkets some great shops and restuarants in the Tanyard area and some good pubs and is surrounded by fabulous countryside,the motorways are easily accessed.We have the best School and Sports College in South Yorkshire.there is also an ancient church ST Albans,a catholic and a Methodist church.All in all I think it is the best area in Rotherham to live.

I was thinking of moving out from Broom... And Wickersley was one of the areas we had in mind. If not Wickersley then further out towards Bramley.

Stick to Wickersley, Bramleys fine though but try the Flash lane side,Wood laithes is like a rabbit warren.

I moved to Rotherham from Sheffield ten years and can't see me ever moving back. I now live in Brecks and have to say it has pretty much everything I want on the doorstep.

I've always lived in Rotherham and it's great. Would highly recommend it.

Having said that has anyone heard about Rotherham Council's plans to build 700 houses on the fields near to the Golf Club/Cricket Club ?? :confused:

I have lived in Rotherham for thirty nine years and Worksop for eight years. I have lived in six different areas of Rotherham. Its important for me to live in a decent area with easy access to major roads and motorways.

There is a good selection of housing depending on your requirements. I prefer semi rural close to good roads but there are some nice housing estates which vary in style and spacing/garden/road size.

I don't think much to Rotherham town centre, ite went down hill in the early 1980s. Its enjoying a bit or a re vamp but Parkgate is really popular as is Meadowhall. Its just as easy for me to get to Worksop so I often go there for run of the mill shopping. There are some nice local food and craft shops dotted around if you travel by car.

I was thinking of moving out from Broom... And Wickersley was one of the areas we had in mind. If not Wickersley then further out towards Bramley.

Broom seems a nice area and handy for town, buses, main roads and hospital. What are you specifically looking for?