Where put garden waste?

We have a green bin for green bottles; a brown bin for brown bottles; a black and white bin for newspapers which are read all over. We have a dusty bin for all the circulars and an old has bin for a refuge collector. Luckily the old has bin has bad eye sight so we put our rubbish in any bin we like.:hihi:

I much prefer Oddbins for full bottles.

Can I put my garden waste (grass and weeds about 2 bin bags) into the black bin?

Yeah we do it all the time, although it has become a little more difficult since we change to fortnightly collections haha

Yeah we do it all the time, although it has become a little more difficult since we change to fortnightly collections haha

That's got me wondering about what we're going to do with all the leaves that will fall from the huge conker tree outside our house this year. It's not on our property (it's on pavement), but we always end up sweeping up the leaves. Would Amey dispose of them? It'd take for ever to get rid a bag a fortnight.....

That's got me wondering about what we're going to do with all the leaves that will fall from the huge conker tree outside our house this year. It's not on our property (it's on pavement), but we always end up sweeping up the leaves. Would Amey dispose of them? It'd take for ever to get rid a bag a fortnight.....

If you complain they would probably just fell the tree and send it as biomass to the power stations.

We have a green bin for green bottles; a brown bin for brown bottles; a black and white bin for newspapers which are read all over. We have a dusty bin for all the circulars and an old has bin for a refuge collector. Luckily the old has bin has bad eye sight so we put our rubbish in any bin we like.:hihi:

Brilliant:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Here in Wales we have green plastic bags to put garden rubbish in.

A collection every week.

A green plastic box for paper, glass and plastic....collected every week

A black wheelie bin for general waste collected once a fortnight.

Sheffield is way behind when it comes to recycling.

To answer the Op....

When in Sheffield I just dropped the garden waste in a neighbours bin if mine was full.:)

Move to Barnsley.................we have a green bin for garden stuff and thick cardboard, a blue bin for newspaper and thin card, a brown bin for glass and plastic bottles all emptied fortnightly and a black bin for general household waste....emptied alternate weeks. Still take all my plastic bags plastic containers etc to asda for recycling every month ish

Sheffield did have a Green bin system for recycling garden waste, but due to cuts in government funding the council decided to end free garden waste collections to save money on waste services. The service is still available but now cost the householder £60.00 for a fortnightly service between May and November 2013.

Brilliant:hihi::hihi::hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

If you complain they would probably just fell the tree and send it as biomass to the power stations.

If only.....

Sheffield did have a Green bin system for recycling garden waste, but due to cuts in government funding the council decided to end free garden waste collections to save money on waste services. The service is still available but now cost the householder £60.00 for a fortnightly service between May and November 2013.

A service that used to cost the Council £25 per bin per year.

Many would have been happy to cover that cost, but they messed up again.

In which case complain. They likely will.

We did, they didn't. A long story, it was causing our garden (retaining) wall to buckle, so they came out and dug a trench to ascertain if it was indeed due to the tree roots (it was), so they've paid for us to have it all rebuilt, but without damaging the roots. All we asked was for the tree to be cut back a bit! You can see how much damage it's doing to the pavement and the road as well, but hey.....more of a nuisance is it blocks so much light to our upstairs rooms and the branches are getting ever closer to the house. They won't entertain managing the tree itself though.

We had the same problem with a tree when living in Sheffield.

It was raising the footpath and causing damage to the front garden wall.

We had to pay £140 to the council for it's removal.....

The reason given?

Because the previous owners of the property had requested a tree be planted there...and indeed paid for it's planting.

Double whammy!!!