High Green/Chapletown/Ecclesfield very nice

I'm not that familiar with that end of Sheffield but was very impressed by how nice the area was on the way back into town on the 75 yesterday.

I'm not that familiar with that end of Sheffield but was very impressed by how nice the area was on the way back into town on the 75 yesterday.

Glad you liked it mate,please come again.:)

S35 is a lovely area,with smashing people :-)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Shhhhh don't tell them. Best kept secret how nice these areas are.

Thank you, a well kept secret. Always makes me happy after a drive through the other 'popular' but congested and more cramped parts of Sheffield.

I moved to chapeltown about 8 months ago and I love it, really nice people, and a lovely place to bring up my children:D

I moved to chapeltown about 8 months ago and I love it, really nice people, and a lovely place to bring up my children:D

Chap is OK but Ecco is MUCH nicer (IMO) however I used to live in High Green and it was very different to how it seems when you are just passing through.

But... like any area, it depends on the people (and they are mostly transient)

Chap is OK but Ecco is MUCH nicer (IMO) however I used to live in High Green and it was very different to how it seems when you are just passing through.

But... like any area, it depends on the people (and they are mostly transient)

I echo that as a former High Green resident. The council house dominated part of the area is truly awful nowadays, it's a shame.

However I am happy to say that the rest of S35 on the whole is a fantastic place IMO.

Edited by Grenoside123

I have recently moved to Chapeltown, only for short time I hope.

My home is in Derbyshire.

The reason we have come to Chapeltown is that we have to renovate our Bungalow, which we have rented out for the past 6 years. The property has been all but been ruined by our last tenents.

Black mould, filth all over, stolen fire place, hob & oven stolen, door locks changed, window locks broken, kept animals who had damaged internal doors.

It goes on & on

I for one cannot wait to go back home, S35 is not for us I am afraid.

The reason we have come to Chapeltown is that we have to renovate our Bungalow, which we have rented out for the past 6 years. The property has been all but been ruined by our last tenents.

Black mould, filth all over, stolen fire place, hob & oven stolen, door locks changed, window locks broken, kept animals who had damaged internal doors.

It goes on & on

Maybe you should have spent some time monitoring & "renovating" the property whilst you had tennants and perhaps it wouldn't have been in such a state eh?

Grew up in chap for 30+ yrs, loved it.Longing to go back to my roots and would in an instant, if it was possible.

It goes on & on

You can hardly blame living in Chap for the damage done to your property in Derbyshire!