Sky Broadband problems

Anyone having any issues in the S12 area?

Im having constant drop out of signal and its getting silly.

Do you mean your broadband is dropping at the modem or are you talking about your wireless signal? The only reason I ask is that some people think they're the same.

How is it now Sarah?

Hi. Its finally sorted. I had a merry dance sorting it though. The tech people at Sky kept telling me it was my router. I told them it wasnt so they sent me a new one, then a newer one, then finally the newest Sky hub one. None of it fixed the problem. Then they reduced my BB speed from 20meg to 10 as they thought i was getting too much broadband (her words not mine) and that didnt work either. They eventually sent an engineer round, he came wednesday and put a new socket on the wall and new cable to the box thing in the road. When they did that it started working properly and its been very good since then. Ive got my fingers crossed it stays this way. Time will tell on that one i suppose

:)

Nice one, BTOpenreach doing their thing :D

Did they crank your internet back upto 20meg?

Nice one, BTOpenreach doing their thing :D

Did they crank your internet back upto 20meg?

Yes hats off to the BT guy. he had a right laugh at some of the stuff the Sky tech was telling me but he seems to think its par for the course for most BB providers.

Yes they cranked it up to 20 and it seems much faster than before, even when i was getting 20 meg before all the problems started it seemed to lag when opening up a page, i get none of that now. Im a happy bunny again :D lol.

Go to By infinity was getting a measly 3 mb with sky now am looking foward to 66 mb of pure speed.