Shopper Discount Shopperdisc.co.uk SCAM

I have just discovered I have been paying this company £10 a month by direct debit which I did not agree to since Feb 2010 connected with a flight with Ryan Air (approx £400)!!

Other people have had same happen when buying train tickets online

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stop-ShopperDisccouk-Taking-Our-Money/294500957323320?fref=ts :o

The scams are getting very sneaky.

I always check things carefully. Please also check your phone bill properly. Certain companies have found ways to get money out of your mobile without your consent. You cannot get it back, it disappears to hong kong.

Awareness is extremely important in this society if your pennies are also important to you.

There is no way I would have authorised this firm to take £10 a month

They must get account details when I paid for flight :(

The scams are getting very sneaky.

I always check things carefully. Please also check your phone bill properly. Certain companies have found ways to get money out of your mobile without your consent. You cannot get it back, it disappears to hong kong.

Awareness is extremely important in this society if your pennies are also important to you.

Ring the bank and report it as fraud.

You may wanna consider taking Ryan Air to the small claims court, I dunno if there's an ombudsman you can talk to over the matter.

3 years and you didn't notice the direct debit going out, don't you check these things?

I have just discovered I have been paying this company £10 a month by direct debit which I did not agree to since Feb 2010 connected with a flight with Ryan Air (approx £400)!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stop-ShopperDisccouk-Taking-Our-Money/294500957323320?fref=ts :o

If you have a direct debit with this company and £10 per month has been debited then I suggest you contact your bank.

It happens everywhere all the time. With paying for flights, while installing free software all sorts off sneaky thing are trying to take control over your chosen computer settings.

When you pay by card be ever so careful awake aware and watchful.

All these promises and discounts are more filthy lies (almost)than a politician can produce.

Every little helps, hahahaha, I say it all the time we find better quality stuff cheaper elsewhere.

We don't live cheap and have enough money but just don't want to give it to the lying extortionist experts.

Markfor. You will not be the only one. Did you pay by PC for this one? It gets oh so tricky if you do. They are no longer allowed to things like this anymore but it still happens sometimes.

Those little rules and free things can easily turn into long expensive contracts.

Wake up, get up and open your eyes. Learn where the danger comes from and become suspicious rather than happy when someone (a big greedy company) offers you a freebie.

Edited by dutch

If it's via Direct Debit - you MAY be able to make an indemnity claim. However, if it's been 3 years, you really should have noticed it coming out.

If it's been taken as a card payment (I.e..doesn't show as direct debit) then you'll have to report it as fraud, and that could take months and your unlikely to get it back I'm afraid, especially as it was so long ago.

Good Luck!

Unfortunately your bank won't dispute the transactions as fraud if you willingly gave your card details, even if you were unaware that you were subscribing to a service that charges you. You will be able to dispute the transactions and your bank can put through a request to stop the recurring card payment. Your bank will most likely advise you to contact the company direct too.

There are foreign companies that can text you without consent some information.

You will get billed for these text and you have not yet (it will change) legal rights to get out of it!

Hi markfor

This happened to me about three years ago... They had scammed 180 from me before I noticed. BUT I looked them up on google and was directed to money saving expert .com.

That site had advice and if I remember correctly you just have to write to them (the scammers) saying it was unauthorised and you get your money back.

Hopefully this still works ...(it did for me) so check it out and hopefully you'll get a nice summertime bonus.

Good luck!!!

Sam

(let us know how you get on...)

I'm curious to know why it's taken you over 3 years to notice that you have been paying £10 a month to this business.

I filled in a form and they said they would repay money although have not got it yet!

Hi markfor

This happened to me about three years ago... They had scammed 180 from me before I noticed. BUT I looked them up on google and was directed to money saving expert .com.

That site had advice and if I remember correctly you just have to write to them (the scammers) saying it was unauthorised and you get your money back.

Hopefully this still works ...(it did for me) so check it out and hopefully you'll get a nice summertime bonus.

Good luck!!!

Sam

(let us know how you get on...)

---------- Post added 16-07-2013 at 18:53 ----------

They have paid my money back!!

I am on Radio 4 You and Yours Th 18th 12 to 1pm talking about this