Touch Rugby anyone?

I'm looking to start a friendly mixed touch rugby run about or mini-league depending on the level of interest. I am thinking of playing on Sundays mornings or one week night at the playing field by Hunters Bar roundabout, depending on interest and availability. Let me know what you think?

Touch rugby is great fun. It provides good skill and fitness for full contact players, and a chance to keep your hand in if you don't want to play/are to old to play (!) full contact. All levels welcome, especially southern hemisphere players, as they tend to play a lot more touch than us Brits, so can lead the way!!

Hope to hear from you soon

i have never played rugby before but am looking to start doing something to keep fit. Would that be okay?

great idea. please include me if you manage to organise something

Ladies might like to know that Sheffield Hillsborough Hawks have women's tag (touch) rugby league from about April throughout the summer at Hillsborough Arena.

Will keep you all posted. Am looking to organise for April/May time when the weather is better. Have been putting the word out among local rugby clubs and gyms and there seems to be some interest. If we can get five teams for seven aside (+rolling subs) it should be a good little league. Let me know if you want posters for your work/local gym.

Yes it is absolutely fine if you have never played before. It is a really fun game for all levels.

Hey! Just browsing the forum, looking for some touch rugby clubs/gatherings and came across this. I know its a couple of years old but did the idea ever get off the ground?

Cheers.

Mega-bounce alert.

Just for the record - i'm interested too!

Anyone?

Any summer touch leagues at any of the Union/League clubs - I don't suppose it matters - Touch Rugby is basically Rugby league without proper tackling anyway isn't it!

Did anything come of the initial posting.. I see the trail runs cold as of March and it's now perfect weather for a spot of Touch ? Any takers?

Dino

Presuming this has not taken off?

I would be interested in playing if anyone can get it off the ground.

Mike

OK... so we have 3 interested individuals...

what do we want to do now? I have a Ball, remember the rules (kind of) and am sure Sheff possesses Australian blood somewhere!

Next steps everyone?

Dino

Yes I would be interested - my sister is off to Paris next month to play for England (in the Veterans squad) so I'm sure I can get some handy hints from her!!!

What about a Facebook group to spread the word a bit wider - I'm sure there'll be loads of people from the unis who are interested...