Answering EDL Tommy Robinsons accusation of paedophilia

I am Muslim, I haven't been taught to believe that. Women were buried alive before Islam, they were seen as bad luck! Check out this video:

If I go by your logic, then all women are seen as pieces of meat according to Christians. They are encouraged to walk around almost naked, they are shown bare-breasted in newspapers, they hold no value to them at all, they must take the husbands name after marriage etc

Only a idiot would relate these examples to the religion. The truth is that some people are just messed up.

I agree, women do tend to be viewed as commodities by our lovely media. I don't like the objectification of women but neither do I like hiding them in case men feel desire when seeing them. It's totally messed-up. So what if a woman wants to walk around 'almost naked'? Surely that is her right. Do you condemn men for similar actions?

and another quote;

In a dramatic parallel to this linguistic deformation, there appears to be a similar warping of the biological developmental processes in girls with regards to menarche. Over the past century, the age at which girls are reaching menarche has been decreasing dramatically. While the average age of menarche a century ago was 16-17, in current times the average age is 9-10. Part of the reason for this change is a rising standard of living that has characterized the progress of advanced societies over the last 150 years. "Menarche's new timetable demonstrates the power of the socio-economic environment to shape something as 'fixed' as the human body," (Brumberg, 1997, p. 4). Even among immigrants to this country, daughters raised in the standard of living common in the U.S. tend to mature earlier than their counterparts in their native lands (Winter, 1997

from http://home.comcast.net/~theennead/bean/menarche.htm

He was still a peadophile. It absolutely does not matter if it was acceptable and they were all at it. If you have sex with a 9 year old girl you are in every single definition of the word a paedophile.

The difference is there have been loads and they may have been all at it BUT we don`t worship them. Muslims get all defensive when talking about Mohammed.

He was still a paedophile. Just a statement of fact.

I agree, women do tend to be viewed as commodities by our lovely media. I don't like the objectification of women but neither do I like hiding them in case men feel desire when seeing them. It's totally messed-up. So what if a woman wants to walk around 'almost naked'? Surely that is her right. Do you condemn men for similar actions?

On one hand you say it is the right of women to walk around almost naked but you make out as if those who like to cover up are oppressed or are forced into covering up - do you not see the contradictory remarks in your post?

Why is it the one who wants to walk around naked is expressing her freedom, but the one who covers up has no freedom? Isn't that a false assumption?

No religion, whether it be Christianity, Judaism or Islam accepts women to be treated like commodities - all of the major religions encourage modesty. They warn against obscenity and lust which is prevalent in almost every corner of the world.

It's interesting. Bellow 16 you are straight nonce and liable to be arrested if you are lucky and the boys don't slot you first.

http://listverse.com/2008/10/02/top-10-most-powerful-women-in-history/

Look at the ages of these women - some of them won't have even finished their degrees in today's society but in their time were the most powerful women in the world.

Puberty according to the NHS http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Puberty/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I don't understand how your first quote relates to the age of physical/sexual

maturity in those women.

and your second link tends to back up my argument rather than disprove it :confused:

I am Muslim, I haven't been taught to believe that. Women were buried alive before Islam, they were seen as bad luck! Check out this video:

If I go by your logic, then all women are seen as pieces of meat according to Christians. They are encouraged to walk around almost naked, they are shown bare-breasted in newspapers, they hold no value to them at all, they must take the husbands name after marriage etc

Only a idiot would relate these examples to the religion. The truth is that some people are just messed up.

You don't seem to have much idea how western women's minds work. They don't need any encouragement to dress how they want to. Most of the time, she's not dressing to please a man, she's dressing to impress or make her friends envious of her stuff. And a woman don't HAVE to take the man's name when she marries him, she either does it or not. One of my sisters couldn't wait to change her surname because she's never liked it, the other is high powered in the business world and she's kept her own name.

The Muslim men I come into contact with don't seem to have much respect for anyone, least of all women, they're very arrogant and highhanded, especially the foreigners. I just put it down to being reared in Islam, rather than it's a failing of their personal characters. Being encouraged to believe that everyone else is wrong does that to a person, so you're right, I agree with you, it does mess their heads up.

On one hand you say it is the right of women to walk around almost naked but you make out as if those who like to cover up are oppressed or are forced into covering up - do you not see the contradictory remarks in your post?

Why is it the one who wants to walk around naked is expressing her freedom, but the one who covers up has no freedom? Isn't that a false assumption?

No religion, whether it be Christianity, Judaism or Islam accepts women to be treated like commodities - all of the major religions encourage modesty. They warn against obscenity and lust which is prevalent in almost every corner of the world.

It's a woman's right to choose. I doubt women hide their flesh from view through freewill. Their male dominated religion expects it. Where is the choice?

King Richard II of England took a young 7yr old wife himself in 1396, a good few hundred years after our prophet's (PBUH) death, link here= http://www.thedigitalfolklife.org/childmarriage.htm

What would King Tommy have to say about that I wonder?

That`s your go to link every time this is mentioned. It`s fine you want to defend mohammed the man.

If king richard was a dirty paedophile, which he was if he fiddled around with little girls i can only ask you one question.

What was mohammed?

That`s your go to link every time this is mentioned. It`s fine you want to defend mohammed the man.

If king richard was a dirty paedophile, which he was if he fiddled around with little girls i can only ask you one question.

What was mohammed?

Marriage at young ages was acceptable back in those times, like I have said before if the age of consent in Britain was raised to 25 in say 100 yrs that would make a lot of people nonces according to society in 100yrs time.

I use the link all the time when refuting this nonce prophet line usually spouted by racist bigots as it shows them for the hypocrites they are as they never mention about the English King Richard's young bride.

Marriage at young ages was acceptable back in those times, like I have said before if the age of consent in Britain was raised to 25 in say 100 yrs that would make a lot of people nonces according to society in 100yrs time.

I use the link all the time when refuting this nonce prophet line usually spouted by racist bigots as it shows them for the hypocrites they are as they never mention about the English King Richard's young bride.

Their is nothing racist or bigoted about a statement of fact.

Why do all religious members lose all aspect of logic and reason?

You think a book written by god wouldn`t have mentioned diseases were caused by bacteria, that the earth revolved around the sun, of tectonic plates causing earthquakes and where are the seals and kangaroo`s there were hundreds of millions of them its unlikely god just forgot they were there. Mohammed could have hated those as well !!

Its almost like the normal man who wrote it only had knowledge of a 5 mile radius from where he lived.

A great answer by Jonathon Brown

Edited by Kbz7