Train tram to run in 2015

Like horrendous complications and contractual issues will push this one over the expected cost.

Is that not the point of a trial though?

Like horrendous complications and contractual issues will push this one over the expected cost.

And what do you make that assumption based on?

Believe it or not Network Rail do have experience in putting up electrification and new bits of track!

The mainline railway work for the Tram train will take place on weekends (mainly Sunday) from January to April 2015. This will involve the closure of Rotherham Central on these dates. Near Meadowhall South a turnout is required which will involve disruptions to Supertram.

Significant Disruptive Possessions

Edited by Annie Bynnol

I know its a trial but what is in rotherham that's worth visiting ? Or will it just be people from Rotherham visiting Sheffield ?

I know its a trial but what is in rotherham that's worth visiting?

Rother Valley Country Park.

Magna Centre.

The first has arrived in Rotherham and can be viewed from the overbridge on Steel Street.

Photo HERE

I got the tram to meadowhall for the first time in ages. It might have just been me but it felt a lot faster through the last couple of stops. Has the speed of the trams been increased or am I just dreaming it?!

I got the tram to meadowhall for the first time in ages. It might have just been me but it felt a lot faster through the last couple of stops. Has the speed of the trams been increased or am I just dreaming it?!

The stretch from Carbrook to Tinsley South has always been fast.