Burgoyne Road School

I have tried in vain to locate this school via friends reunited and google etc and have had no success at all. I am living away from Sheffield nowadays and would like to know anything at all about this school. Has the name changed?

I have tried in vain to locate this school via friends reunited and google etc and have had no success at all. I am living away from Sheffield nowadays and would like to know anything at all about this school. Has the name changed?

I always thought of it as Cundy Street School, but nowadays it's called St. Mary's School, see http://www.st-marys.sheffield.sch.uk/

Hmm, the only School I can think of that's in the Burgoyne Road vicinity is Sacred Hearts on Ripley Street.

Thanks for the info, I will try search...ta again

Hi

As the name suggests Burgoyne rd School was on Burgoyne Rd About 50 yards above the Bath hotel with cundy St running down the other side of it

hope this helps dave

Hi

As the name suggests Burgoyne rd School was on Burgoyne Rd About 50 yards above the Bath hotel with cundy St running down the other side of it

hope this helps dave

Thanks for that dave...Roy

it was burgoyne road school until the late 70's early 80's that when it changed to St Marys - i used to go to it

It was still there in 1963 when I left to go to Myers Grove. :) :)

When I was in Sheffield youth theatre, thirty years ago, nearly, we used to meet in an old school that was replaced by a more modern one, on the Langsett estate.

The old school, a school-board school, was "ex walkley junior school"

I seem to remember it was somewhere about the junction at the bottom of Carr road with ?walkley road?

Burgoyne school is now St Mary's C of E who moved there off South Road

my nan used to live opposite burgoyne rd school, i can remember itfrom when i used to visit,my mum also went there.

my nan used to live opposite burgoyne rd school, i can remember itfrom when i used to visit,my mum also went there.

My wife,s aunt used to live opposite the school, her name was Gladys Evans.

does that name ring any bells?