Link cash machines

The whole link system was hacked according to lloydstsb.

They are wrong, you will have inserted your card into a machine with a false fascia which incorporated a card skimmer, a pin hole camera (or someone looking over your shoulder) will have watched you enter your pin. They will then have a copy of your card and know your pin.

The 'Link' network wont have been hacked.

Beware,just checked my bank account and i have been cleaned out.I took some cash out out the day i went on holiday and came back to find it overdrawn.

Luckily the bank has sorted the situation out,the problem was using link machines as they have been hacked.The bank say's only use the bank that you are with for cash withdrawals.The criminals took my limit out everyday till it was empty and did not even have to use a card.The guy on the phone said sheffield is rife at the moment and is a growing concern.This happened at morrisons ecclesfield but apparently supermarket cash points are the most vulnerable.

So I thought it a good idea for you to be aware even though i know it been going on for quite a bit .

Its the immigrants,mainly Europeans.

---------- Post added 27-06-2013 at 16:08 ----------

This would have been in the news somewhere, surely?

Only if they wanted it to be.Imagine the hysteria.

Its the immigrants,mainly Europeans.

---------- Post added 27-06-2013 at 16:08 ----------

Only if they wanted it to be.Imagine the hysteria.

David Icke needs £70k by the end of the month for his new TV channel, maybe you should donate.

David Icke needs £70k by the end of the month for his new TV channel, maybe you should donate.

:huh:what has Mr Icke got to do with it?:huh:

They are wrong, you will have inserted your card into a machine with a false fascia which incorporated a card skimmer, a pin hole camera (or someone looking over your shoulder) will have watched you enter your pin. They will then have a copy of your card and know your pin.

The 'Link' network wont have been hacked.

False facia ? i use this machine often and it still has the same dent and scratched screen.No -one was near me and i covered up the keys.

Anyway all money has been refunded and new card is on it's way,Whichever way they got my money is the banks problem.

That was the advice given to me from the lloydstsb fraud team.He said if possible use your own bank machine it's safer.

They may have said that, but it's got nothing to do with safety. The ATM network is secure - the issues arise when people interact with it; allowing people to pinch their card or pin. The reason for the advice you've been given is if you withdraw money from a non-LloydsTSB machine then LloydsTSB will have to pay whichever bank or company owns the ATM. Nothing to do with security whatsoever.

The fact is though that people have had there details taken. unfortunately i have had this happen in the last few days, so it was straight on to the bank and cancelling the card. its a real inconvenience Luckily i go the money back.

yep thanks to the foreigners again no doubt it will not be long before some treehugger comes along and slates me be it is true.

I saw a doc on TV some time ago and the Police in London were targetting fraudsters who put false fronts on the Link machines.

Virtually all were Romanians - Highly-trained in technology but so underpaid there that they come here and elsewhere (France?) for 'easy' loot.

yep thanks to the foreigners again no doubt it will not be long before some treehugger comes along and slates me be it is true.

Stupid racist comment

Every cash machine operates on the Link network, regardless of whether or not its your banks machine. The TSB fraud team would have told you to use their machine as it is cheaper and quicker to investigate the fraud, as they have access to their own audit logs and machine balances. Also it costs the bank more money when you use another's machine anyway.

As others have said if the Link network had been hacked we would have heard about it as national news at some point. Link not only supply the network but they also set and govern the rules the banks have to follow with ATMs.

You were probably subject to another kind of fraud, I.e. shoulder surfing or card cloning. I'm sorry ou had to experience this but at least your bank refunded you and served as a reminder to remain vigilant.

If you only use indoor cash machines and always cover your hand when keying in the PIN. There's often a queue for an outside cash machine at banks when there's no one using the ones inside!