Link cash machines

Beware,just checked my bank account and i have been cleaned out.I took some cash out out the day i went on holiday and came back to find it overdrawn.

Luckily the bank has sorted the situation out,the problem was using link machines as they have been hacked.The bank say's only use the bank that you are with for cash withdrawals.The criminals took my limit out everyday till it was empty and did not even have to use a card.The guy on the phone said sheffield is rife at the moment and is a growing concern.This happened at morrisons ecclesfield but apparently supermarket cash points are the most vulnerable.

So I thought it a good idea for you to be aware even though i know it been going on for quite a bit .

I had the same problem two weeks ago. Happilly bank refunded and send me new card.it happened to me at Hillsborough morissons . And I will never ever take cash in supermarkets machine.

I had the same problem two weeks ago. Happilly bank refunded and send me new card.it happened to me at Hillsborough morissons . And I will never ever take cash in supermarkets machine.

Yes they are sending me a new card as well.As i said use your own banking machine not a link one.To be honest never had a problem before, but hey that's technology for you.:rolleyes:

yep thanks to the foreigners again no doubt it will not be long before some treehugger comes along and slates me be it is true.

That's poor advice, as a lot of small banks don't have their own brand cash machines - it's the very reason the Link network exists. How else could I use my Yorkshire Bank card outside Yorkshire? If Link had been 'hacked' it would have been all over the news.

What is more likely is you have been a victim of a cloning scam which has been targeting machines at Morrisons.

That's poor advice, as a lot of small banks don't have their own brand cash machines - it's the very reason the Link network exists. How else could I use my Yorkshire Bank card outside Yorkshire? If Link had been 'hacked' it would have been all over the news.

What is more likely is you have been a victim of a cloning scam which has been targeting machines at Morrisons.

That was the advice given to me from the lloydstsb fraud team.He said if possible use your own bank machine it's safer.

That was the advice given to me from the lloydstsb fraud team.He said if possible use your own bank machine it's safer.

As above, what a load of tosh, your card will have been cloned and your pin taken via a small camera. It happens at loads of external machines.

The best way to prevent this is a simple method of covering the keypad as you enter your pin, or use lobby machines inside the bank.

Indeed, I dont get the "LINK machine " connection whatsoever, it could happen to anyone.

As above, what a load of tosh, your card will have been cloned and your pin taken via a small camera. It happens at loads of external machines.

The best way to prevent this is a simple method of covering the keypad as you enter your pin, or use lobby machines inside the bank.

:loopy:Of course i covered the keypad and we don't have any inside.

:loopy:Of course i covered the keypad and we don't have any inside.

The fact you used your Bank X card in a Bank Y machine is of no consequence whatsoever.

Indeed, I dont get the "LINK machine " connection whatsoever, it could happen to anyone.

The whole link system was hacked according to lloydstsb.

The whole link system was hacked according to lloydstsb.

This would have been in the news somewhere, surely?