Pub With Very Large Beer Garden Or Field

sportsman at redmires?

This.

Best pub up there by a country mile.

---------- Post added 27-06-2013 at 18:14 ----------

I pretty sure that the sports fields that back onto The Sportsman are not owned by the pub so I doubt they could be booked for a private event via the pub.

They own a fair bit f it in fact and have held a load of events including marquee weddings in the past so no they don't have the entire field but they do have a lot of it. There is ample space for a recent wedding with over 200 guests.

It's quite annoying for them as the council staff have been instructed to not mow the bit not operated by the council or face disciplinary despite there being no defined boundary. That said the council are not known for common sense anyway.

I go there a lot. All of the above is stuff I personally know about.

As well as the fact it is a great boozer.

Edited by russ74

I would also say Norfolk Arms at Ringinglow. Large field to side and massive one to back both totally flat. Also a massive overspill carpark too.

Hello All

I know I posted this a few months ago, but have run into difficulties with the places I have looked so far

I am looking for a good pub with a large garden for an event in a few weeks

The problem I have run into so far is that places I have looked, the gardens are either too small or owned by the council (and dealing with the council to get permissions for anything is difficult)

Any recommendations are more than welcome

Many thanks

Davys on prince a wales road or sheffield works department near Queens road sheffield ( bramhall lane area)

Someone has already suggested it but the Norfolk Arms up Ringinglow Road.

Large grassed beer garden running onto a mowed field. They also have a large enclosed marquee available.

Hello all

Just wondered if anyone can help

Am looking for a pub with either a very large beer garden 40 meters long or a pub with a private field directly behind the beer garden

Sounds like a very strange request maybe but looking for somewhere to organise a private event in the near future

Anyone got any suggestions, it does not matter where abouts in Sheffield it is

Many thanks for any suggestions in advance

S x

The Travellers Rest in the Hope Valley has enough ground outside to host an annual car show. The Old Hall is pretty much the same. The Castle at Castelton has a very nice beer garden out back with a large marquee for special events.

This.

Best pub up there by a country mile.

---------- Post added 27-06-2013 at 18:14 ----------

As well as the fact it is a great boozer.

I wouldn't argue with that, Russ! A well run pub with superb beer, excellent food and staff who look after their clients.

(I shall refrain from mentioning that the bogs are in dire need of a lick of paint...)

Wharncliffe Arms Burncross Road (S35 1SB) large rear garden and big tent thingy