Half price Sky TV offer again.

Before this blatant piece of advertising gets removed, an opportune moment to warn you all to avoid Sky and the likes of BT Vision.

Utter rip-offs, both of them.

Do what I did. Buy a Free Sat box, enjoy plenty of channels (in HD), record whatever you like, pause and rewind and never pay an over-inflated subscription charge again.

Tottaly agree, complete rip off. Plenty on freeview for me and its free.

Watch sky salesman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPVV_A9ehyA&feature=youtu.be

We got rid of sky back in April after having full package with multi room for over 15 years. Best thing we ever did. Sometimes we don't have the idiot box on at all. Don't get me wrong, it is a bit of a bind at first when we miss stuff or can't rewind something but now I don't miss it at all! We talk a lot more now :-)

I am considering cancelling Sky and paying the one off £25 for the Sky freesat card that I can use in the sky box. Only thing is I really like the Discovery channels.

iansheff // what channels do you get with the card,£25 for the Sky freesat card

iansheff // what channels do you get with the card,£25 for the Sky freesat card

Not sure but when I looked into it I think it said you got more channels with Sky Freesat than just getting a freesat box. I have been trying to find it on their site but can't, they had an offer where you got a freesat card for your sky box for £25 or for £175 you got a dish and freesat box fully installed.

Just got this from Sky http://www.sky.com/products/tv-packs/entertainment/ click on the free to air one.

http://www.sky.com/shop/freesat/home/ equipment, although it does not say on there about just purchasing a card, I am sure it wil be there somewhere.

Edited by iansheff

I am tempted to but knowing my luck they would just cut me off.

We have been doing it for the last 3 yrs, phoning up to cancel when our contract is up, and we always get the full package for £27 for 12mth, in fact we did it only this week

Only channel I would be interested in is Sky Atlantic, but they don't sell that freestanding

Sky have recently bought out o2 and BeThere. Sky are currently offering all o2/BeThere customers their basic tv package, unlimited broadband and free evening & weekend phone calls free for 12 months providing they take their £15.50 a month landline. I'm sure if you pushed hard enough they give this offer to anyone. You can always add the additional movie, sports, etc.

Sky have recently bought out o2 and BeThere. Sky are currently offering all o2/BeThere customers their basic tv package, unlimited broadband and free evening & weekend phone calls free for 12 months providing they take their £15.50 a month landline. I'm sure if you pushed hard enough they give this offer to anyone. You can always add the additional movie, sports, etc.

Just done this, even cheaper if you pay the phone line rental upfront. It works out at £9.95 per month for evening & weekend calls, unlimited broadband and the Sky extra+ package.

---------- Post added 25-06-2013 at 22:00 ----------

I am considering cancelling Sky and paying the one off £25 for the Sky freesat card that I can use in the sky box. Only thing is I really like the Discovery channels.

If you have Sky and cancel your subscription then your existing card is converted to Sky freesat free of charge.

Just done this, even cheaper if you pay the phone line rental upfront. It works out at £9.95 per month for evening & weekend calls, unlimited broadband and the Sky extra+ package.

---------- Post added 25-06-2013 at 22:00 ----------

If you have Sky and cancel your subscription then your existing card is converted to Sky freesat free of charge.

I noticed on the q & a if you buy a £25 card it says cards can be stopped for and if it is you need to purchase a new one, wonder how often they stop them?