Half price Sky TV offer again.

Another half price sky tv offer on twitter:

#Sheffield New customers can get HALF PRICE Sky TV for a year when you join with HD Pack-save up to £424. Call 0800 804 7464 Quote:Twitter

Yeah and what about us loyal existing customers?

Yeah and what about us loyal existing customers?

Phone up and threaten to cancel :)

I am tempted to but knowing my luck they would just cut me off.

I heard it is going up 10% in September. Might kick it into touch when that happens

Only when outside of your contract, or they'll laugh down the 'phone!

Just tell them that times are tough and you are thinking off leaving unless they offer you a deal. They will.

In the off chance that they do not offer you a deal tell them you are going to have a think about it and will call them back.

Before this blatant piece of advertising gets removed, an opportune moment to warn you all to avoid Sky and the likes of BT Vision.

Utter rip-offs, both of them.

Do what I did. Buy a Free Sat box, enjoy plenty of channels (in HD), record whatever you like, pause and rewind and never pay an over-inflated subscription charge again.

if you drive a hard bargain you can get the basic package completely free for 12 months. I know 3 people who have transferred there telephone line to from BT to Sky, however in turn they have had the basic sky HD package installed with the HD recordable box free for 12 months.

Unfortunately I am one of those unappreciated existing sky customers, I phoned up to cancel in an attempt to reduce my monthly fee - they were on the verge of cutting me off before I backed down. Completely agree they need to start looking after long serving customers.

I tried to get them to cut me off but they insisted I pay or they would send in the bailiffs, the strange thing was I did not have a contract with them. It took an email bomb, with every letter and document, to every SKY email address I could find before they took any notice. Freesat works very well and you get HD for free, I would never support Murdochs evil empire.

Before this blatant piece of advertising gets removed, an opportune moment to warn you all to avoid Sky and the likes of BT Vision.

Utter rip-offs, both of them.

Do what I did. Buy a Free Sat box, enjoy plenty of channels (in HD), record whatever you like, pause and rewind and never pay an over-inflated subscription charge again.

But surely you can only record OLD stuff that's shown . Even the likes of Netflix are showing films that i'm already bored with and they're showing them as premier's.

I cancel sport every year when footie season ends,they always offer me half price to continue with it.

You need to be careful if you have a contract for your phone / broadband with Sky, because if you cancel the TV part of your contract, you're still a customer of theirs so you won't get the same deals that people who only use them for their TV are able to be offered to tempt them to stay.