Recommendations for Door and window fitter please

Hi can anyone recommend a good company who supply and install upvc door and windows?

Plastique - 07850656169

Why do you want tacky plastic ones?

either way, frame-ups at hillsborough are really good. They can do refurbs on traditional windows, replace in uPVC, and will advise you properly if you're in one of the new conservation areas (such as netheredge), where you can't have uPVC, even if you're replacing uPVC

Hi can anyone recommend a good company who supply and install upvc door and windows?

Can highly recommend K.B.Windows, had front windows done and now have placed an order for all the back windows. No mess and everything cleaned down before they leave plus 10 year guarantee on windows.

Sheffield windows do a great job and don't hassle after they have given you a quote .They respond very quickly if there are any problems and put thing right no quibble .They also do a very clean job .

Had Wilson windows or Rotherham, did a great job and good price, but been chasing him for months to come and finish his work. For the reason only I wouldn't recommend

Paul Goodison 07973 548209 (Acorn Windows) has fitted a few doors (both uPVC and composit) and replaced a couple of windows for me.

His factory MAKES the units, so there's no problem with sizes.

Paul Goodison 07973 548209 (Acorn Windows) has fitted a few doors (both uPVC and composit) and replaced a couple of windows for me.

His factory MAKES the units, so there's no problem with sizes.

Here here.....

I agree, Paul's a really nice guy, we use him for our supplies.

:D

Sheffield Window Centre came highly recommended (through work colleagues who'd used them) Not the cheapest, but Quality work and good customer service - no hassle!

I went with them and they were excellent from start to finish!

I used Global to fit my door before this, and they did a good job - had to call them out a couple of times, when door stuck/ couldn't close it, and they were there straight away..... but, I then got pestered by calls re window fitting. I arranged for their rep to call round to measure up/ give a quote, and the rep was next to useless - didn't instill confidence for me parting with a few grand!

Started off quoting £2,500, then offered me discounts etc which ended up at £1,500 if I signed up there and then.I declined!

Was then inundated with 'phone calls from staff/ ex staff...

All felt a bit too desperate!

So, I'm pleased that I went with SWC - who were very professional!

either way, frame-ups at hillsborough are really good. They can do refurbs on traditional windows, replace in uPVC, and will advise you properly if you're in one of the new conservation areas (such as netheredge), where you can't have uPVC, even if you're replacing uPVC

Over the years I have made and fitted hundreds of wooden windows.With the advent of plastic windows,some years ago,when asked for recomendations from my customers,I found that I could not make a reasonable argument for wooden windows over plastic,despite it being my stock in trade.Plastic windows out perform wood in every way.The only reason for wood is for architectural reasons in listed buildings or conservation areas.

I no longer make or fit wooden windows.You can no longer buy frameing off the shelf at timber yards to make or repair wooden windows.I've got plastic windows,despite having the skills to make and fit my own wooden ones.

They're a thing of the past.It's like saying gas lighting in your house is better than electricity!

No, I don't live in this area. The only alternative to upvc is wood as far as I know? and unfortunately I can't afford wood, so I guess "tacky plastic ones" will have to suffice.

---------- Post added 25-06-2013 at 21:24 ----------

Thanks for the recommendations.

No, I don't live in this area. The only alternative to upvc is wood as far as I know? and unfortunately I can't afford wood, so I guess "tacky plastic ones" will have to suffice.

---------- Post added 25-06-2013 at 21:24 ----------

Thanks for the recommendations.

Nowt wrong wi upvc windows, no painting, virtually maintenance free, they also come in a range of different wood effects these days.

PVC doors do seem to be a thing of the past tho, people are now buying the nicer looking tougher composite doors.