Family living in a car

So how much do the asylum seekers/refugees pay for their accommodation?

Free, fully furnished, fully heated accommodation on Brunswick Road, Burngreave, with support workers on hand to sort out all benefit problems.

Don't blame them... blame the Government!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peer Gynt View Post

Free, fully furnished, fully heated accommodation on Brunswick Road, Burngreave, with support workers on hand to sort out all benefit problems.

Well said catpus although some won't like you for pointing out the truth. You'll now be accused of Asylumaphbia or Refugeeaphobia.

Maybe she's more intelligent than some round here., and realises the complete LACK of state benefits that asylum applicants receive.

Asylum seekers pay nothing unless they have money. And, as they are not allowed to work, its rare they have any other than the small amount allotted to them by the government. Their accommodation is provided by the government, and can be anywhere in the UK, and the landlords are mainly private contractors.

If their claim for asylum is granted and they are given refugee status and allowed to work, they pay for their (usually private rented) housing like anyone else.

So are you telling the forum that asylum seekers and refugees are left to live on the streets.

You seem to think that benefits are only made up of cash, well here's some news for you both food and accommodation are also benefits.

Edited by Peer Gynt

Quote:

Well said catpus although some won't like you for pointing out the truth. You'll now be accused of Asylumaphbia or Refugeeaphobia.

So are you telling the forum that asylum seekers and refugees are left to live on the streets.

You seem to think that benefits are only made up of cash, well here's some news for you both food and accommodation are also benefits.

One can only assume that all the EU immigrants and asylum seekers from elsewhere must be loaded and come over here for the weather, as I keep reading posts from people saying they aren't entitled to benefits.

I'm wondering how the 50+ foreign families I deliver to are paying for the private rent houses they all have, plus all the bills on top which must be around £1k per month per house as a minimum. They walk around in dressing gowns, track suit bottoms and flip flops all day so I assume they're not walking to work - not that they need to walk anyway as they all have cars.

Quote:

And you'd begrudge them even the pittance of the vouchers that they receive for their food? (remembering that they get only 70% of what a native Briton would get for the same benefit)

That's poor, that is.

She doesn't work and she can still afford a car. Blimey.

And you'd begrudge them even the pittance of the vouchers that they receive for their food? (remembering that they get only 70% of what a native Briton would get for the same benefit)

That's poor, that is.

Don't add words to my post!

I started paying my dues back in the 1950s, I prayed them for British people who'd lived here and also contributed through their lifetimes work.

I now find my pension taxed with some of it going to mainly economic migrants with false claims of asylum and refugees who can afford an awful lot of money to get here only to claim to be penniless on arrival.

Brilliant!

I for one am delighted that my tax payments are used to help genuine refugees and their children.

Don't add words to my post!

I started paying my dues back in the 1950s, I prayed them for British people who'd lived here and also contributed through their lifetimes work.

I now find my pension taxed with some of it going to mainly economic migrants with false claims of asylum and refugees who can afford an awful lot of money to get here only to claim to be penniless on arrival.

Not quite sure how this is relevant to the woman who is claiming to live in her car. If she needs housing for herself and three children, there are several 3 bedroomed properties in 'First Come First Served' on the council website this week. She'd have the choice of Gleadless Valley, Middlewood or Foxhill. These are up for grabs for families with little or no waiting time.

As usual on here we have gone from woman living in car/ to immigrants and a woman who has exchanged her home for a worse one/come on peeps stay on the ops comment

Brilliant!

I for one am delighted that my tax payments are used to help genuine refugees and their children.

Plus one here! :thumbsup:

Brilliant!

Show us a genuine refugee please.

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 23:36 ----------

Originally Posted by boyfriday View Post

Brilliant!

Plus one here! :thumbsup:

So how come they arrive here penniless having in many cases paid £thousands?

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 23:40 ----------

Not quite sure how this is relevant to the woman who is claiming to live in her car. If she needs housing for herself and three children, there are several 3 bedroomed properties in 'First Come First Served' on the council website this week. She'd have the choice of Gleadless Valley, Middlewood or Foxhill. These are up for grabs for families with little or no waiting time.

Its relevance is when pensioners some of whom have paid in since the 1950s are told that the state can't afford them yet always find money for ne'er do wells, scroungers, dossers, so called asylum seekers and so called refugees?

Show us a genuine refugee please.

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 23:36 ----------

So how come they arrive here penniless having in many cases paid £thousands?

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 23:40 ----------

Its relevance is when pensioners some of whom have paid in since the 1950s are told that the state can't afford them yet always find money for ne'er do wells, scroungers, dossers, so called asylum seekers and so called refugees?

(my bold 1) erm... DUH maybe they are penniless because they have paid the thousands to the people-traffickers and left themselves penniless in the process.

that statement is so silly, it's up there with saving up and paying money for a new car, and then moaning that you've no money to buy a new car cos you've paid out for a new car!

(My bold 2) yes, but enough about our MPs....