Family living in a car

Why do people think they can get a council house at the drop of a hat? Mother with 3 kids comes to sheffield and lives in a car,have they tried. the private sector one landlord with good accomadation was crying out for tennants or is it lets go back to sheffield, will get a house off them

you have to wonder at the sad circumstances that drove them to it tho, dont you?

**scuse pun :)

The comments on the star website lead me to believe that there is more to this storey that meets the eye.........

The comments on the star website lead me to believe that there is more to this storey that meets the eye.........

do tell?????????

are they travellers?

They were until they ran out of petrol.

Oh ye gods. Looks like they're well known to a few of the people who've commented on the article & not in a good way.

Let me get this right. She moved to Staffordshire to be near her relatives for support when one of the children got cancer. Someone burned her house down (I wonder why?) so the "supportive relatives" turn out to be no support at all and she drives back to Sheffield in something that looks a lot bigger than a Vectra and lives in it with her family. Why? If she's expecting to be provided with a house here, why did she not stay where she was and get the authorities there to house her?

What with this story from last week -

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-single-mum-s-hellish-house-1-5785179

and now this one, isn't it good to know those of us who work and pay our own way to support ourselves are supporting these idle beggars as well.

Oh ye gods. Looks like they're well known to a few of the people who've commented on the article & not in a good way.

Let me get this right. She moved to Staffordshire to be near her relatives for support when one of the children got cancer. Someone burned her house down (I wonder why?) so the "supportive relatives" turn out to be no support at all and she drives back to Sheffield in something that looks a lot bigger than a Vectra and lives in it with her family. Why? If she's expecting to be provided with a house here, why did she not stay where she was and get the authorities there to house her?

What with this story from last week -

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-single-mum-s-hellish-house-1-5785179

and now this one, isn't it good to know those of us who work and pay our own way to support ourselves are supporting these idle beggars as well.

You really are something else aren't you? One day that could be you. I hope and pray you never get cancer and make wild assumptions about others. :rolleyes:

You really are something else aren't you? One day that could be you. I hope and pray you never get cancer and make wild assumptions about others. :rolleyes:

yeah, irene, one day you could annoy enough people that you need to invent an arson attack and run away to live in a luxury motor, and have to bleat to the local 'press' in order to queue-jump your way onto the priority section of the housing register... ;)

yeah, irene, one day you could annoy enough people that you need to invent an arson attack and run away to live in a luxury motor, and have to bleat to the local 'press' in order to queue-jump your way onto the priority section of the housing register... ;)

I think you are looking for the word alleged. :)