Suspicious looking scrap men right now S5 area

As said before there are good scrap men not all are 'dodgy'

Most just collect items which are left on the road side which people wish to be removed or if things are seen to be on your front garden or drive they knock to see if you wish for it to be taken.

If you know there are scrap men about which have been walking up gardens why leave items around which they will take.

Also what were you expecting to do with the boiler? Unless you have a waste carriers licence you are unable to take this to the scrap yard your self to get the £25 you believe it to be worth.

If you haven't realised they are only trying to earn a living as you and i do and also help a lot of people out by doing so. If they weren't to do the job you would either have to take these items to the tip your selves or pay for them to be removed.

Most just collect items which are left on the road side which people wish to be removed or if things are seen to be on your front garden or drive they knock to see if you wish for it to be taken.

If you know there are scrap men about which have been walking up gardens why leave items around which they will take.

Also what were you expecting to do with the boiler? Unless you have a waste carriers licence you are unable to take this to the scrap yard your self to get the £25 you believe it to be worth.

If you haven't realised they are only trying to earn a living as you and i do and also help a lot of people out by doing so. If they weren't to do the job you would either have to take these items to the tip your selves or pay for them to be removed.

You dont need a waste licence to take your own scrap to the tip and I think most people don't like the ones that walk into your garden uninvited.

If you read my post again i never said you needed a waste carriers to take it to the tip i said to the scrap yard to get the £25 he believed it to be worth.

And that's fine but they shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush.

I agree, I mean why would anyone leave their BBQ, trampoline or newly painted radiators in the back garden of their own house? It's downright silly, I always drag my 3 burner BBQ around the side of the house and up the stairs into the kitchen every night.

Or, back in the real world how about these thieving scumbags don't just take things from people's gardens? If its around the back it obviously isn't being left out for them to take is it?

:rolleyes:

well said!!

This was about a boiler not a trampoline or BBQ being stolen. I didn't mean you shouldn't as for all it is your garden and yes people shouldnt be walking up there all I mean is dont leave things like that out if you aware they are walking up and down because if its there and certain people see it they will take it.

The scrap men I know stay sat in the van and look for things which are left out for them at the side of the road and go and collect from phone calls they have received. I have never been aware of them walking up back gardens and taking anything they see but obviously there are people which are doing this and are giving all scrap men a bad name.

This was about a boiler not a trampoline or BBQ being stolen. I didn't mean you shouldn't as for all it is your garden and yes people shouldnt be walking up there all I mean is dont leave things like that out if you aware they are walking up and down because if its there and certain people see it they will take it.

The scrap men I know stay sat in the van and look for things which are left out for them at the side of the road and go and collect from phone calls they have received. I have never been aware of them walking up back gardens and taking anything they see but obviously there are people which are doing this and are giving all scrap men a bad name.

well why don't all these 'decent' scrap men and dealers start handing over the details of the dodgy ones.....I'm sure they know who they are better than we do...

this would help get the thieving scum off our streets, out of our gardens, off our roofs, off our railway lines, etc etc etc.....

well why don't all these 'decent' scrap men and dealers start handing over the details of the dodgy ones.....I'm sure they know who they are better than we do...

this would help get the thieving scum off our streets, out of our gardens, off our roofs, off our railway lines, etc etc etc.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Common Sense for all concerned (except the dodgy peeps)

I can't argue with that .

If you read my post again i never said you needed a waste carriers to take it to the tip i said to the scrap yard to get the £25 he believed it to be worth.

And that's fine but they shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush.

Yes you can take copper boilers or scrap to a scrapyard without a waste carriers licence.

Chelsie-Lee, did you expect that he would put the boiler in his huse every time he went out, the simple fact is that unless somebody knocks on yur door and asks if they can take something out of your garden THEY ARE A THIEF and if I saw dodgy characters I would ring 101 and report it. My back garden is surrounded on one side by a 6ft fence and high hedges in other side, the top which is 120ft from back door backs on to garden of road above which have equally long gardens. There is no way anybody can see into it except if they lived in top road but there was a thieving scrapman living in top road and my aluminium framed greenhouse which I had just been given by family of old lady who lived next door mysteriously disappeared, Maybe I should have brought in house every night. It wasn't the value that pee'd me off but that it was a gift from old lady's family who I have known since I was 4 years old in 1955 when both families moved here:rant: over

Who do you think you are! What do you mean by "If you know there are scrap men about which have been walking up gardens why leave items around which they will take." Oh because you say so we should have everything that is metal locked away!!!! So you are obviously a scrap dealer hence your interest in another post giving "scrap" away :help:

Edited by Beccyboop

A white transit van passed through S6 yesterday morning, shouting "old iron" through a mega phone. At least they were not sneaking around like the others do.